A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 with pimp wheels. (4 big pictures.)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2000, 11:11 PM
ChuckH

Very nice! :-)
Old 01-27-2000, 06:55 AM
Kevin

Hmmmm, no comment - nice red pickup though
Old 01-27-2000, 06:57 AM
Kevin P.

That looks like 921 Puget Way, am I close Bart?
Old 01-27-2000, 07:42 AM
Bart A. Lane

Default Re: That looks like 921 Puget Way, am I close Bart?

Either you live near me or you paid a visit to www.555-1212.com Which is it?
Old 01-27-2000, 08:44 AM
K. Pallock

Good guess, actually just yahoo people search. Did'nt mean it as an invasion of privacy, its just amazing how easy everything is these days.

Love your car...

KP
Old 01-27-2000, 09:50 AM
Bart A. Lane

No problem. I'm in the book and very easy to get ahold of. It is easy to find out stuff about people though, no matter where they live.
Old 01-27-2000, 11:23 PM
Bill Mills

Default Re: Nice, but car looks like it needs lowering now ....

Bart- quite a trek you've made so far. Makes for some interesting reading. I have a '97 A8 and went to 17" Ronal R-28's w/Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 225/55 from the Audi stock 16" 5 spoke. I pretty much had the same reaction as Ali B when I saw my car (with the new wheels/tires) and yours. I know I have maintained the same overall profile but it just looks like there is more space. Despite that comment my main reason for wanting to do the conversion is I feel like the car doesn't sit flat enough in turns particularly when the pavement is anything less than flat. I think the S8 suspension kit will be my next upgrade followed by the brakes so please share the rest of your brake saga with us once you have everything in place.
Old 01-28-2000, 08:34 AM
Bart A. Lane

Default My problem is......

That I love the way my A8 rides right now. I just love it. The last thing I want to do is to turn it into some low clearance, smooth concrete only driving, super handling machine. That's now why I bought it, I have a sports car for that thrill. I bought this to drive in luxury, refinement, and smoothness. To me one of the strengths of the Audis is its ability to drive an varied surfaces and I don't want to lose that. I bought this car to be a luxury car first and sports car second. So why am I doing the brakes, wheels, and tires? Well, I am not against spirited driving and no matter what great brakes is a wise choice. These tires suit my driving better in Seattle. All rain which is their strong point. They are practically silent in the car, a big improvement over the all season tires. They have a long wear life, are cheap, come in lots of sizes, and handle pretty good in the dry too. A lowered or firmed up A8 just doesn't interest me because while it may improve the car 1% of the time it will detract from it the other 99. People always comment on what a smooth and graceful vehicle it is.

But, if I didn't have a sports car sitting in the garage it would be a whole different story. I would probably have the motor rebuilt with a low compression blower motor and a six speed conversion, etc. etc. etc.

Look for full updates with photos of the brake swap.
Old 01-28-2000, 01:51 PM
Robin

Default A8 Nav System

I was skeptical about the Nav system, but after a few uses, it is just amazing compared to the other Nav systems I have used (mostly Hertz rentals). The 'Heads up' approach Audi took makes for a great user experience. I don't know if it's my imagination, but it also seems more accurate than the Ones in Hertz cars.

Robin
Old 01-28-2000, 02:26 PM
robin

Default Re: A8 with pimp wheels. (4 big pictures.)

Nice Pictures. On a different topic, how are the Audi dealers relative to mods like the brakes, etc, and the overall warranty on new Audis. Any experiences ?

Robin

Quick Reply: A8 with pimp wheels. (4 big pictures.)