A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Although I don't always agree with him, I will fight to the death his right to say it........

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A clarification if I may, as it was previously stated it is not "wherever you want", it is ...

"wherever you are allowed by the owner/operator of this forum"

Semantics, sure, but specificaly the semantics being discussed.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I called you silly?

Read again, I did no such thing. I simply pointed out that I think getting a bad taste in your mouth over this situation, which was Brian's own fault for making threats against others and blatantly violating the long standing stated terms of use, is silly to let this sour your view of internet brands or Audiworld. But like I said, it's completely your right to do so.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default As long as one follows the terms of use...

listed <a href="https://www.audiworld.com/copyright/#forums">here</a>, it is my understanding that you may post anywhere you'd like on this forum, and the moderators will not interfere.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:17 PM

Default ... which I believe constitutes being allowed ...

as we already clarified one does not have the "right" to post what and where they wish since this is a private venue.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Correct.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:27 PM

Default Sorry for the generalization, but that was the tone I read.

At the top of my list of things I value are personal choice and personal resposibility. The two are inextricably linked regardless of public or private situation. If Brian chose to break the rules, and you (or AW or IB) chose to suspend him for it, then he will live with the responsibility for his actions. If his alegations are accurate, then others will have the oportunity to take responsibility for their choices. In the end, I choose to say I believe this forum was more enjoyable with his presence and would like to see his return.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I understand that...

and from what I know from a close friend who posts on A8 and AWP, there were two Brian's, one who posted here, and one who posted there. If upon his return, Brian only brings back the personality that he had on D2A8, then things will be fine, but if that Mr. Hyde personality returns, it won't be long before he finds himself banned again.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Forums like "AWP" are specifically set up to draw ...

... certain kinds of people OUT of the normal Forums, so that they can be contained and not taint normal people's conversations in the normal Forums.

Unfortunately, "ohbw" obviously wasn't aware of the practical use for that kind of Forum, and went in there to "do some good", if I may summarize his own words. It's just beyond all hope, in a place like that. No man can "do some good" there.

Imagine you ran a huge hotel, and in this hotel there were a certain number of morbidly obese people who only wore tank-top T shirts and "Speedo" style underpants. You can't have eyesores like that wandering around making normal people sick at the very sight of them.

What do you do? You set aside a special place which attracts that type of person in a secluded area of your hotel. Stock it with lots of pie, and half-price man-thong underwear .. and they will come! Problem solved. You don't lose the business of the eyesore people, and more importantly, normal people continue to visit your hotel because they don't have to choke back the vomit which is induced by the sight of the "special problem" people.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ Post of the day^^
Old 10-12-2008, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Founder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL

Quick Reply: Although I don't always agree with him, I will fight to the death his right to say it........