A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another question for 04 A8 owners:

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I vote Atlas Gray (If it's not a launch car)

Hey Plano, I knew Id hear from you! I wen to the dealer to see the car and the silver looks good. On the floor was the Atlas Gray but with the 18" wheels and I believe a light interior which I really dont care for. I love the way the silver appears from the rear and I love the Atlas Gray from the front. Maybe they can.......!!!!!! Oh well, i have some decisions to make. The trouble is that the colors kinda dribbled in and it was tough to compare. Also finding these colors early with 19`s was next to impossible. Stay tuned and enjoy your car!

greenie
Old 08-31-2003, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it does seem that choosing colors is the hardest part of the process. I had a silver A6 and I wanted something a bit different, so choosing the Atlas was the easy part. The interior was the much more difficult. I checked out the interiors on other models, the lighter colors left me underwhelmed. I wanted more contrast between the leather and other interior components, which I had with the Vanilla/Blue.

The interior I really wanted was the bright silver that was shown on a brochure for an S4. In the end, I went the Ebony, I'll see how that goes in the Texas heat.

I'm definately enjoying the car, although I get to test the battery save feature as I go on a very long business trip on Tuesday. I get to spot Audis in Madrid.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:51 AM
GSR
Audiworld Junior Member

Greenie - my wife's new Allroad is Atlas Gray, and compared with the Silver that would be my vote if you could make the swap and get a car with the options you want. (The only other A8L color that I've seen, aside from the pics on this forum, is black.) Although my car is Silver, it looks like the Bimmers and Benzes that are all over the place; the Atlas Gray would make the A8L stand out even more.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I feel the way you do about the contrast. The wheels and trim may stand out a bit more on the Gray. Ill make my decision tomorrow at the dealer. I assume the one on the floor is a stock unit and depending on whether the interior contrasts to my liking I will 1)Take it instead or 2)convince myself that I DO like the silver(which I do) or 3)Yea, you guessed it, place another order. Anyway, more importantly, have a safe and successful trip to Spain. Hasta la vista!!

greenie pondering the universe! LOL
Old 08-31-2003, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

GSR, thats true, although the A8L has a light silver and it seems to be a bit different. Either way, what the heck would I do without this forum? Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.

greenie pondering the universe! LOL
Old 08-31-2003, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Greenie, how appropo that you are 'struggling' with this weighty decision on 'Labor' Day. If only all decision-making was this pleasant ;-)

Good luck. I vote for Silver....or Atlas Gray...or Silver....or Northern Blue!!!
Old 08-31-2003, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: I vote Atlas Gray

Good luck on your choice. I feel for ya. If the Atlas has all the features you want, driving it home now would be very inticing. Silver also looks very nice, I test drove one with the platnimum interior back in May.

As for choice 3, the wait would be tough, but you end up w/ a car exactly how you want it.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: I vote Atlas Gray

I am off to the dealership right now with my binoculars to see if I can read the window tissue! Now you know a little about my life!!!!!!LOL. Have you seen the Atlas with interior colors OTHER than sabre?

greenie

pondering the universe
Old 08-31-2003, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I was waiting for you! This all started in June when I bought the Northern Blue/Platinum on the floor only to cancel the delivery the next day because of the interior. Then I decided that silver was the way to go because I am used to driving black(the last 9 cars) and I wanted a change. In late July, an Atlas Gray shows up at my dealership and I found it sitting in the impound area. It had a platinum gut and 18`s on it and while I liked the gray I dismissed it. Which brings me to today. Im gonna ask the dealer if he can pull the 19`s off the silver and put them on the gray. He`s going to flip or maybe not. Im headed there now with my binoculars to see if I can read the window tissue. So far, I have been able to put this whole episode into perspective which I find a bit difficult to do being such a car nut. Enjoy your day.

greenie

pondering the universe
Old 08-31-2003, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I saw an Allroad in Atlas Gray and BY FAR thats one of the nicest colors for that car.

greenie

pondering the universe

Quick Reply: Another question for 04 A8 owners: