A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A8 D2 4.2 RHD climate control issues :( plz help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A8 D2 4.2 RHD climate control issues :( plz help!

Hi everyone hopefuly someone will be able to point me in the right direction with my 1995 audi A8
It is a 4,2 v8 quattro RIGHT HAND DRIVE.

It does have the Solar roof but no rear blinds.

So heres the issue i am facing, The heater and AC blower isnt working AT ALL ( via solar panel or climate head)
I have googled the S(#@ out of it , and thought it would come down to the solar relay (385).. from everything i read

Upon removing the Glovebox on the Left side of the vehicle. i found the 6 or so Relays... None of
witch in my car say 385... I located a relay 203 (solar) and replaced that . still no avail.

I have also located another 203 relay where all the relays are .. when the climate HEAD is on . i can feel
this relay clicking.. but still no fan in the car.

I am starting to think it is the blower motor itself. but i cant find any tutorial on how to remove the blower motor.
Especially with the car being right hand drive. . does the blower motor come out from the left or right
side of the vehicle under the daSH?

Are there suposed to be Two 203 relays ? and does anyone know why my car doesnt have a 385 relay but does have the solar roof ?

ANy help is Much apreciated guys am racking my brain down here in australia and its doing my head in lol
Old 08-18-2014, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by woofie_aus
Hi everyone hopefuly someone will be able to point me in the right direction with my 1995 audi A8
It is a 4,2 v8 quattro RIGHT HAND DRIVE.

It does have the Solar roof but no rear blinds.

So heres the issue i am facing, The heater and AC blower isnt working AT ALL ( via solar panel or climate head)
I have googled the S(#@ out of it , and thought it would come down to the solar relay (385).. from everything i read

Upon removing the Glovebox on the Left side of the vehicle. i found the 6 or so Relays... None of
witch in my car say 385... I located a relay 203 (solar) and replaced that . still no avail.

I have also located another 203 relay where all the relays are .. when the climate HEAD is on . i can feel
this relay clicking.. but still no fan in the car.

I am starting to think it is the blower motor itself. but i cant find any tutorial on how to remove the blower motor.
Especially with the car being right hand drive. . does the blower motor come out from the left or right
side of the vehicle under the daSH?

Are there suposed to be Two 203 relays ? and does anyone know why my car doesnt have a 385 relay but does have the solar roof ?

ANy help is Much apreciated guys am racking my brain down here in australia and its doing my head in lol
It's the blower motor itself...almost always is...especially with a solar sun roof (wears em out faster).

They can often be repaired by simply freeing up the brushes or replacing them.

Brushes >>
Audi Blower Heater Motor Rebuild Kit A8 S8 | eBay

The blower is not in the cabin...it's under the hood (bonnet) in right or left hand drive >>>

audipages Fresh Air Blower Replacement