A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUDI OF AMERICA SUCKS AND I WILL NEVER BUY AN AUDI AGAIN! BUMS LIE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOULD YOU STOP SHOUTING? Capslock OFF!
Old 01-15-2004, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

TPIWWP Can you post photos showing the mismatch?
Old 01-16-2004, 05:41 AM

Default I would go with your first instincts, when you've had enough, why stress yourself any further?

These Audi dealers provide very poor service. You mentioned that you were ordering a new car anyway. You might as well trade in the Audi on something that will make you happy and find a dealer who will treat you right. My experiences have always been good with MB dealers, and as much as I don't like the Lexus as a car, I'm always floored by their level of service when I bring in the wife's LX for routinue service. These two brands have also been bullet proof when it came to reliability too.

That said, I have the '04 A8L, and it's been much more reliable than the '01. 7,500 miles on a launch car and I'm still loving it.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I would do this...

Sell the car to someone who is not so diserning on the paint for a discount, they will be happy they got a good deal. Get yourself another car... BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and mail AOA the bill of sale, then put it behind you. You will never get anywhere with AOA. Sadly lemons laws don't cover cosmetics. It's not your fault, your just another person who got beat on the A8 with AOA.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AoA, are you "listing"? Ya mean like the Andrea Doria??

Seriously, I have maintained all along that this is a "German thing". Audi, BMW and Mercedes all seem to suffer from the same thing...arrogance! This is not to say that a good dealer, a patient customer and a manufacturer that will take action is a rare combination or is it? Unfortunately, timing is ALWAYS of the essence. When a problem is discovered, the customer should follow through right away and NEVER assume that the dealer and factory are working on their behalf. Persistance, persistance and persistance. Follow up calls should be frequent and polite. What you may assume is that, especially in the automotive world, communication stinks!! What it comes down to is this: Sometimes its best to stick with a dealer that you trust and has served you well while "kinda getting the car that you want"! We have had this discussion before comparing the Japanese to the Germans as far as customer relationships are concerned. As far as I can tell, the Japanese leave the Germans in the dust and this is from personal experience. It is a question of what you are willing to put up with. Some of us have been treated well by AoA but is this the usual or unusual? I feel your frustration and can only wish that you never experience this again.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe we should open our own dealership on your land!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Amen. Well stated (IMHO.) "Life's tooo short."
Old 01-16-2004, 10:00 AM

Default Or, have Mr. RICHELIEU change is name to Andy

A. Udi and become an AOA Advocate with Mr. Greenie as legal counsel?
Old 01-16-2004, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That was the point, it was/is the same paint it just LOOKS different depending on the light
Old 01-16-2004, 11:34 AM

I agree. DEALER, DEALER, DEALER, DEALER

Quick Reply: AUDI OF AMERICA SUCKS AND I WILL NEVER BUY AN AUDI AGAIN! BUMS LIE!