A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bently versus Alldata, getting ready for H&R's

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Bently versus Alldata, getting ready for H&R's

I have both the Bently and alldatadiy.com, have been going through both trying to get all of the procedures ready for changing to the H&R coilovers.

A couple of notes:

I found a few errors on the Bently in the exploded diagrams, I guess that's not that hard to believe with all of the data. When I print the pages, sometimes I get "just a test" page that's blank, probably some programmer's joke. The Bently is really hard to find things too.

As far as alldata goes, I found a really nice exploded view of the front and rear suspension that the Bently doesn't have, it goes from top to bottom, the Bently cuts some of this stuff out.

I'm happy that I've got them both, even the procedures differ somewhat. I would have to say that somebody has used alldata and it has been updated over the years. It almost seems more complete and much easier to get around.

I just renewed my subscription, and it had the tranny codes (00012) that the Bently didn't! The best "free" upgrade I ever got......

pw
Old 08-13-2002, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so THATs where those came from.

I saw the table on the tranny codes - it wasnt in my Bentley.

alldata is new to me.

I took a look at the site. What "level" are you signed up to?
Old 08-13-2002, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I use both resources too- they each have their strengths and weaknesses...

but overall I think I get more use out of the Alldata databse. Alldata has the part numbers and costs, and the Bentley doesn't. And I agree with Paul that it can be VERY difficult to find things in the Bentley CD- I've found that if you dont know the EXACT name of a part so you can search for it, then you CAN'T get to a lot of the information on the CD. There are no hyperlinks to a lot of the pages! The ONLY way to access them is by using the search function. Considering it took Bentley over 6 years to put this out, I would think that it would be a better product! Check out www.alldatadiy.com and get a yearly subscription- I think it's around $15.