A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delivery on new A8L

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery on new A8L

I just pretraded a car for my incoming A8. The dealer says they get very little information from Audi regarding exact dates, or finance programs. They dont even have a brochure yet. They expect cars to be at their dealership(mine among them) when they return from the dealer meeting on the 4th. Anyone know if the cars have left the port of Houston yet, or when they will? Also wanted to know if they are offering their 60mo. 1.9% finance on this car.

I am driving my sons old suburu wagon until my car gets here, so I hope the dealer's info regarding availabilty is correct.

Any news would be appreciated.

Thanks.

By the way I am new here. My wife has an allroad she loves, I had a VW passat 4motion I liked (gave it to my oldest son). I traded an SC430 Lexus-nice car, but smallish, and a Japanese ride and handling. This will be my first large car since th 745i I had for a week. Got rid of it after the numerous defects started the day I got it. I hope Audi did a better job on this car.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Delivery on new A8L...Update as previously reported

The trucks started to roll out of the port of Houston on Monday (5/26)and my dealer (in Long Island) says that they will arrive on 6/2 or 6/3.
These should be the first of the launch and special order cars arriving!
Old 05-29-2003, 04:25 PM

That would be great. The car I am getting is one of the launch cars. I went in early this week and they had one "extra" car. I am unsure about the color but the equipment seems Ok-Northern Blue/Platinum? Cold WX. F and R parktronic. LC1 convenience package-Oh and some sort of special double glass(Have no idea why they even make tha option unless it is for an armored car). Guess I will have to like the color since I gambled and pretraded as I said.

Thanks for the info. It seems to go with what my dealer (princeton) said regarding the arrival date of sometime next week most likely. I am looking forward to it. I do hope it does not drive like the QEII. Most (with the exception of the short lived 745i) cars have been small. Liked the 03 SL500 best so far I suppose, and this is certainly a change from that-though almost as fast, and costs almost 20K less.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:29 PM

Add on-I have no idea what the 18 inch wheels on it look like-They gave me th eoption of switching with another car for the 19's if I hate them. I suspect in the NE, the all season tires make a lot more sense. The 19's they show in every ad and article do look great, so might be worth getting them and a set of wheels and snows for the winter.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Delivery on new A8L... My Update

I ordered a Night Blue launch car, but the dealer screwed up...and ordered a Northern Blue, so both cars are on order now. I really starting to like the Northern Blue which is coming in which a beige/light beige birch interior. So I will most likely take delivery on the first car coming in.

I currently have an allroad, a 911 cabriolet and a A6 4.2 which I'm turning in off lease. I've also had a SC400, various SL500's, 2 E-Type Jags and 635csi, so I feel that this car is going to be a wonderful vehicle. I would have ordered an RS6, if I didn't have the Porsche...could have had a SL55..but didn't think I would like it as a daily driver, so I'm tuning the 911 and getting the A8L!
Old 05-29-2003, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Delivery on new A8L... My Update

This is scary. Another person with a car fetish like me. I was tossed up between the new XJR and this car, but my trade in results with Jaguar, as well as the recent quality issues changed my mind. My dealer asked me if I wanted an RS6 since he had one coming in, but I like the gadgets in this car, and as I said it is different than almost anything Ive had in the past couple of years. I have found some of these boards helpful in the past and hope this one is as well.

Since I hate to wait, I do hope your info is correct as to delivery dates. If I get bored I have an 04 MB cab. in the wings, but the reviews on this car tend to make me confident that it will satisfy my new car (Gee I love being the first on the block with a new toy-conversally, gee I hate paying almost full retail for a car) urges. The dealer claims there is only 4200 in this car, which is hard to believe when compared to other cars in this price range.

Let's compare notes after the intial delivery and drive experiences.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Double glass

They are insulated in between the two glass, so it should keep the car cooler and much quieter compare to those with single pane glass.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

100% UV block, and is much tougher to break through as well.