A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FR: Fuite liquide et huile

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FR: Fuite liquide et huile

Bonjour j'ai une Audi A8 D2 de 2000 full options en V8 4.2 310 Quattro code moteur aqf

Voici mon problème :

J'ai changer les deux joint de couvre culbuteurs et jai une très légère fuite de chaque coter,les joints viennent de chez Audi ,les vis aussi sont neuves serrer au couple et dans l'ordre de serrage

Concernant la fuite de liquide de refroidissement elle n'est pas permanente cela se passe souvent quand j'éteins le véhicule quelques minutes après l'arrêt et je n'arrive pas à localiser la fuite .
Cela ne fuit pas moteur allumer
Auriez vous une idée ?

Merci
Old 08-14-2022, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Do you have an oil leak from the cam covers and a coolant leak from somewhere else?

A coolant leak after shutdown is often caused by a defective cooling system pressure cap. It could also be the typical drip from the oil cooler pipe (repaired/upgraded with a "bufkin pipe") and one assumes it's not air conditioning condensate water.
Where do you find coolant under the car?
Old 08-14-2022, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello First of all thank you for answering me I tried to understand your message as well as possible with google translate My oil leak is coming from the upcoming shaft covers I think, as I changed the seals and nothing changes. (I cleaned the cam covers with scratch paper) could it come from there? concerning the coolant leak, it comes from the side of the oil filter slightly above, I don't think it's easy to see because it leaks irregularly and only after stopping the vehicle. a what does the cap look like you didn't mention please? Traduction en directCommentairesRecherches associéeshttps://translate.google.fr › ...Google Traduction
Old 08-15-2022, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

The pressure cap is blue and LH rear of the engine compartment near the power steering (from seated driver perspective). It's where you add coolant. If this cap goes bad, after shutdown the coolant can stream out of the overflow of the coolant tank. Your coolant leak sounds like the oil cooler plastic pipe:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/aud...t-tips-222899/

Maybe the water pump shaft seal? I am not sure where that drips from, not too far from there.

Your oil leak could be the cam cover gaskets, semicircular seals, cam adjusters, etc. Best to clean everything and use UV dye in the oil, works very well.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you for your answer, I will check all this as soon as I am resting on the vehicle.

At least now I know where to look, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.