A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Dealer Experience at Laurel in Westmont, IL

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Good Dealer Experience at Laurel in Westmont, IL

I went into Laurel Audi in Westmont, IL tonight to buy all the nuts and bolts I will need to replace when changing out the coilovers.

I saw the service writer who helped me when I brought my car in six months ago for the "supposed transmission problem" that wasn't a problem. Had $1100 of other work done and was really satisified with everything, they even gave me a loaner car for no charge (rental from Enterprise).

Told him that I was emailing the alignment tech because I saw that he posts on Audiworld and he convinced me that he knew a lot about alignment and specifically the A8's and all of the adjustments. Stated that it should be in next week if all goes well with the coilovers for alignment.

I asked how much, he stated $189, then said come on into my office, looked through his drawers and gave me a coupon for alignment services for $149.....that's awesome! I know it's going to take this tech probably two hours to do it.

I was considering changing my oil (I use Mobil 1) but it's such a hassle for me to get rid of the stuff and I hate that it's 8 quarts running out.....so I will just buy the oil and have them change it (they did that for me last time).

I am also going to have the tranny oil (four quarts) changed too. Once again, messy job that's a PITA. Don't want to have to dispose of the oil or wipe it up. I'm sure the coilovers will be enough.

The parts manager helped me out (Dave, really nice guy), I had made a list of all the hardware (just suspension nuts and bolts) and quantities, and it took him about 15 minutes to look it all up. It wasn't all in stock, so he will order it from the depot tomorrow and I should have it by Thursday for the install on Friday.

The control arms on the front end (bottom rear and both top) must be disengaged to remove the front strut assembly, they are a real pain to get back together at the end of the day by yourself when you are tired. Going to do rears one day and fronts the other.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Good Dealer Experience at Laurel in Westmont, IL

I go there a lot for my 1995 Audi A6 FWD, I bought 2 of my last Audi's from Schaumburg Audi, but Laurel Audi in Westmont, IL, is closer. I had an extended warranty when I bought my 1995 Audi A6 used 2 years ago, and when ever I go there they treat you like a king, I will DEFINATELY buy my used A8 from there this spring, the service advisor I deal with is Ed Sibinski, and I also know Dave. What I really admire about there service is even though my car is older, they treat me as if it is a brand new S8, and I love that, I will recommend ANYONE to them, their service is great
Old 08-13-2002, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too often we forget to praise but do not hesitate to complain.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks that makes it all worth it!!!!!!!!!