A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And I thought this is an International forum for Audi A8 owners not a personal vendetta vent

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And I thought this is an International forum for Audi A8 owners not a personal vendetta vent

I have seen nothing to justify removing Brian once again from the D2 forum-I don't give a rats **** about the US politics and don't read the political forum but I do enjoy Brians often humerous and witty posts.
Stop throwing the toys from the cot and BobW if all you want to do is gloat then do it somewhere else.
no need to hijack a perfectly good thread for your own ends [below]
If Brian is too opinionated for the political forum that is an issue for that forum and is that not the whole idea of a political forum????<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a8/msgs/176220.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a8/msgs/176220.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 11-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Default This is all a bit childish on the part of the AW moderators, you know who you are...

And for AW for backing them up! I am sorry, I LOVE this forum, but if we can't have our own opinion in a political or off topic forum, then what is the point? I received as did many the complete letter that Brian officially sent to AW today. Can we all just agree to be gentlemen and ladies and respect what each of us has to say or at least agree to disagree? Brian has pointed out very clearly that he NEVER threatened anyone's family and has done nothing worthy enough to continually have his posts deleted, censored etc... If he uses the Political and Off Topic forums to express his views, I would say he is in the right. I do hope that AW comes to its senses and brings Brian back. Perhaps a changing of the moderators is in order? Grow up folks!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default I don't think what happened in the Politics forum has anything to do with this forum

I use to take part in off topic forum, which has a much different purpose as compared to this forum.

I suggest that if people want to support Brian, they post in the politics forum. I've read some of the threads in the past....way too much for me, to read, try to figure out what it is, why people are pissed, medical records, etc., etc.

Brian should either just stay away from the politics forum and post here under a new account or find a different website with a political forum. I have personally enjoyed him on the A8 forum, but I know he (and others) have stirred their fair amount of **** on other forums.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree and that is the same reasoning that BobW needs to stay out of the

D2 forum unless he has something related to D2's to contribute.
I have no objection to someone posting off topic within the forum occasionally if they generally are contributing to the subject.
The same reasoning leads me to wonder why Brian has been removed from the D2 forum when his positive contributions far out way the negatives.
If Brian misbehaves in the political forum then it surely is an issue for that forum alone not the D2 one.
I don't like the censorship spilling over.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 AM

Default I have no problem as long as politics stays in the politics forum...

you know what you're getting when you go in there. I visit a diffrent forum for my politics and irreverence.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default They are not being childish. They are being parental; that is, paternal.

At least this is one possibility. Let's hope this is not the case because we are not children and can conceive of good and bad for ourselves, thank you very much. As Kant suggests, such a government is the worst possible despotism since it forces its subjects to take a passive role and look to the sovereign (them) to bestow happiness upon us (or not). The other possibility is that they are concerned with advertising revenues, which seems highly likely, at least to me. But, of course, they are free to limit speech here in the interests of profit if they see fit. Perhaps there is a third possibility, but I cannot think of it at the moment.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Founder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bob this is your one and only warning

This message goes right to the heart of some of the problems we are seeing with members who operate as if AudiWorld is here only to amuse them. I am not talking about your political views or personality, but about simple conduct.

I am going to clear the forums of this type of interaction. If I see more messages of this nature in any forum from you then I will ask you to leave AudiWorld.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Here, here!

I made that point forcefully the last time there was a dust-up in this forum, until it dawned on me I was feeding the troll, so... I brought a full stop to responding to BobW's posts. I, too, have always enjoyed Brian's posts, so hopefully he will return and steer clear of the third rail we know of as the politics forum.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default then I'll assume you'll treat others the same....

...how is <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a8/msgs/176347.phtml">this</a> any different from what I posted? It calls me out by name, unprovoked, saying that I'm "throwing toys from the cot"....whatever the **** that means.

The only reason I posted anything in this thread is that I was called out by name...no other reason, especially not for my amusement, as you suggested.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default why don't you tell us how *this* thread isn't a personal vendetta vent.

is this thread contributing to the D2 community in any way? I had nothing to do with Brian being banned (again). I simply asked JimR (in a thread that I appropriately tagged OT) why an announcement wasn't made here, <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/politics/msgs/341048.phtml">since it was announced in AWP.</a>

By calling me out in this forum, you're shooting the messenger. If you're not happy about it, talk to Jason.

Quick Reply: And I thought this is an International forum for Audi A8 owners not a personal vendetta vent