A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loaner Vehicles Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaner Vehicles Poll

Audi's policy is for '04 A8 owners to receive an A6 or better as a loaner when we take our A8's to the venerable shop. My car has been to the shop 3 times and each time I was given a VW Passat. It was a nice and it was clean, but still a Passat -- hardly and A6. Tactfully pressing the issue with the Service Manager, the dealership owner, and my Audi Advocate has not altered the loaner vechile I'm given. I was curious about other experiences with Audi and the "so-called" policy. What has been the experience of the Formum's members?

DB/0949
Old 02-06-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Bought mine 2.3 years ago under the Audi certified used with a two year

Warrantee. I was never provided a car. I asked when I took it in for normal maintenance (service), when it was an service issue that was covered under warrantee, when it was an issue that the dealer just screwed up and I had to bring it back, and when it was an issue that the dealer was waiting on aoa to provide an answer. I had to BEG them to provide an rental for the latter and they provided me a loaner for a few business days and Christmas, but never got me an answer and would not pay for the loaner until they received an answer from aoa.

I was told by the Audi advocate (versus customer advocate) that loaners are determined at the dealer level. I thought that was odd.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Loaner Vehicles Poll

While I was having my rear window "debugged" and hardwiring my Valentine 1, I had an 04 A4 1.8T quattro. I had it for a week too. Nice car but not the "A6 or Allroad" promised at the time of purchase. Oh well, I had fun driving the thing like I stole it.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:41 PM

Default I have been given...

an A6 2.7T
two A4 1.8T
and my last visit was a 2000 A8L

The local dealer won't give me a loaner as I didn't purchase the car from them. The place where I bought the car never has a problem giving me a loaner. I just have to wait some time for it.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:27 PM
ZRH
AudiWorld Member

Appears United Auto Group doesn't know/care about Audi loaner policy. There is an airport style Hertz shop on site and my Hertz Gold card gets me a $9/day (for gas, they say) Chevy nondescript that smells of urine or if Audi is generous, a Camry. Also, I get sternly pitched to pay for collision coverage since Audi is generously providing the rental and my Amex card probably wouldn't provide for Damage Waiver....Hmmm, Lead, Never Follow.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Dealer in Dayton has been good: loaner whenever needed

Actually they call it a service rental, but they don't charge for it. So far the service department has been very good and professional.

They usually supply VW Jetta's, but I have had a Toyota (is there one between a Camry and Corolla, if not I think it was a Camry) and a Pontiac.

I do feel entitled to a car (like how the elite cars feel entitled to the right lane in Germany, LOL), but considering I didn't even buy my car from this dealer I guess I should consider myself lucky based on the other stories I've read here.

While I think it would be appropriate to have an Audi loaner, I am just happy they give me a car and am not complaining at all.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:36 PM

Default I always received a clean, new A6

My A8L was in the shop quite a bit. Prestige Imports (North Miami, FL) always provided a clean, new A6 loaner. I never had to make a fuss, it was "part of the deal" and graciously provided.

At the time I resented driving this car while making lease payments on an A8. In retrospect, reading these posts, I see how fortunate I was to have been their customer.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default I usually get an Enterprise Rent A Car

That's what they give me, they don't really have a place for customers to wait at Laurel. So they just build a rental car into their $120.99/HR labor rate....plus a few martini's for the owner, not to mention his 75' boat payment... ;-)

Once I got an allroad for 3 days when they reshot my rocker panel. The A8 is such a better car, but that car is incredible for its purpose!

pw
Old 02-06-2004, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I was promised at least an A6, but was given a Taurus that smelled like a smoke stack

They vowed to give an Audi from now on.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:04 PM

The local dealer (Oregon) has at least one older A6 that they maintain as a loaner for A8 customers. However, if you tell them you don't need a loaner when taking your car in for service, you can get an appointment much sooner. The availability of the A6 loaner affects how soon you can get your A8 into the shop. (I have not had my car in for quite a while, but the last time I did, appointments were being booked a couple of months out if you wanted the loaner.

Quick Reply: Loaner Vehicles Poll