A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me A8!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me A8!

Hey guys I just thought I would start a thread about my D2 A8 that I got a few weeks ago for free!!! []
Put a few thousand into it and here are the before and after pics!

Before:

After:

Last edited by AudiPasha; 03-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow! Looks amazing! I want to do the same thing like you.. How much did your exhaust cost? Did you have to cut the spare out?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the grille painted black, with the rings left silver/chrome.

I'm not sure I'm into the exhaust, but how does it sound? (Drones at highway speed? Or not?)

What year is it?

And why did you get it for free?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Adjuster
I like the grille painted black, with the rings left silver/chrome.

I'm not sure I'm into the exhaust, but how does it sound? (Drones at highway speed? Or not?)

What year is it?

And why did you get it for free?
Exhaust sound really really good! It has a bit of a drone but you get used to it pretty quickly.

Its a 2000

The guy that was selling it had problems with the engine. It was smoking from the tail pipes and he freaked out cause there where no educated mechanics in the area... And the tranny was in limp mode... He was asking $1500 for about 2-3 months and no interest. I called and asked him a few questions and asked what was the lowest he could go price wise he said $1000. I than told him that I would call ny mechanic to see what he thought it might be... Mechanic said that it was a really good deal so I called the guy back and he didn't answer. He than called me back in a few min and said "Pasha if u want the car u can co.e pick it up for free tonight" I asked if there was any reason for that and he said "well I went to the scrap yard and they said that they wouldn't give me more than $300 for it and Ilove the car so I much rather see her back on the road than smashed to ****". So I went and picked her up right away!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kiev d2
Wow! Looks amazing! I want to do the same thing like you.. How much did your exhaust cost? Did you have to cut the spare out?
The exhaust ran me about $450.00 thats with everything.

Yea I had to cut out a piece of my exhaust...
Old 04-18-2017, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiPasha
Exhaust sound really really good! It has a bit of a drone but you get used to it pretty quickly.

Its a 2000

The guy that was selling it had problems with the engine. It was smoking from the tail pipes and he freaked out cause there where no educated mechanics in the area... And the tranny was in limp mode... He was asking $1500 for about 2-3 months and no interest. I called and asked him a few questions and asked what was the lowest he could go price wise he said $1000. I than told him that I would call ny mechanic to see what he thought it might be... Mechanic said that it was a really good deal so I called the guy back and he didn't answer. He than called me back in a few min and said "Pasha if u want the car u can co.e pick it up for free tonight" I asked if there was any reason for that and he said "well I went to the scrap yard and they said that they wouldn't give me more than $300 for it and Ilove the car so I much rather see her back on the road than smashed to ****". So I went and picked her up right away!
What did you end up doing to resolve the smoking tailpipes and trans in limp mode?
Old 04-19-2017, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

As per their profile that user's last post was in June of 2013 and Last Activity was 10-22-2014 02:23 AM.

-Joel.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 04-23-2017, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

These pictures aren't loading ...
Old 04-25-2017, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie Deahl
These pictures aren't loading ...
FOUR YEAR OLD POST ... and photo account closed or cleaned out.

Quick Reply: New to me A8!