A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well dont want to jinx it but if we moan when something goes wrong

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well dont want to jinx it but if we moan when something goes wrong

We should comment when all is good to balance the scales of ownership.
As I was driving along today it occured to me that although I am in a ten year old car there are "no rattles" and the ride is still very smooth and quiet and looking around everthing -small bulbs etc included [barr one puddle lamp] still work as new.
How many ten year old cars can we say that about.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:30 AM

Default boy is the true.. I think about that everyday.. I just got stopped by some older guy like 65-70

at a red light yesterday and he said "is that a A8" I said why yes it is with a big smile. He said wow she is a beauty... I replied yes it is for a 9yr old car with 107k on her. He could not believe the condition... She said "it looks like brand new" I smiled again and said she still feels and smells like new too.. And then I drove off he followed me and pulled up on both sides and behind to get even a better look before I had to turn off. I could not wait to get home to tell my wife. Her reply was "did you say you have a hot wife also", I think she was trying to flirt with me... I thought about it and answered that never crossed my mind. After that reply she reminded me that I could then just sleep with my true love in the garage.. Anyway I figure sleeping with my car and my wife are almost the samething, I get sore either way, I may get burned, they both can rev up and squeal, I might get run over, etc... but in the end the older this car gets the lines still look great. On the other hand the older my wife gets........ I better stop she might read this.. But either way they both can go to body shops to fix up the sagging parts.... The wife knows if that was a choice the car goes in first.. Women just don't understand us.. LOL
Old 04-12-2006, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL
Old 04-12-2006, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On that note, when we were lining up for our parade laps at Sebring (see my current sig pic),

a 60ish Porsche guy who was helping the IMSA people get us lined up came up, while we were idling, and asked all about the car (age, mileage, etc), told me it looked great, and thanked me for coming out to the race.

Made me feel great!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:18 AM

Default Neighbor said he thought my '97 was actually brand new off of the showroom floor.

Not only does it say something about the durability, but it also says a lot about the styling.

Alas, the same could not be said for my (now-sold) '88 5ksq at 10 years. When cleaned up, my black '74 SuperBeetle looks pretty good, though.