A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What reference of EBC Redstuff to order

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What reference of EBC Redstuff to order

Hi All,

I have an A8 1996 4.2 quattro.
I am searching to replace the front pads by EBC RedStuff (as I search for a good performance, ceramic and no squealing).
What reference must I order that will fit on my model?
If I don't make any mistake, the calipers on that model are the 2 pods version.

Thanks

PS: if you know alternative pads comparable, please let me know
Old 06-07-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Yellow Pads version and I'm Happy.

The Red pads are (if I'm reading correctly) more for normal(?) driving. I did upgrade to the cryo-treated and slotted Grade 5 rotors.

My only current issue's concern getting hit due to the improved braking..

FWIW; Anything to improve braking is move in the right direction regardless of how you drive.. pc
Old 06-07-2017, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Agree that good braking is something to have.
When it will be time to change rotors, I think I will also upgrade calipers. But that's another story for a far future...
As of today I am only considering the pads and I think Yellowstuff is maybe a bit too much for me and also produces too much dust.
I already have "track" pads fitted on the car right now by previous owner (not sure the brand) and they are squealing so much when the brakes are not hot enough and it drives me crazy sometime. Bangkok having so much traffic jam, it is difficult to bring the pads at optimal temperature.
So for this reason I want go back to "good" Street pads to keep good performance but improving the comfort of my ears
Old 06-08-2017, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mortem76
Agree that good braking is something to have.
When it will be time to change rotors, I think I will also upgrade calipers. But that's another story for a far future...
As of today I am only considering the pads and I think Yellowstuff is maybe a bit too much for me and also produces too much dust.
I already have "track" pads fitted on the car right now by previous owner (not sure the brand) and they are squealing so much when the brakes are not hot enough and it drives me crazy sometime. Bangkok having so much traffic jam, it is difficult to bring the pads at optimal temperature.
So for this reason I want go back to "good" Street pads to keep good performance but improving the comfort of my ears

I'm not having issues with the Yellow Pads. Yes, they produce dust but I'm in urban traffic, not a stop and go setting. If I had to buy pads again, I would go back to the Yellow Pads and if you were in Houston, I believe you would understand.. pc
Old 06-09-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pocketchange
I'm not having issues with the Yellow Pads. Yes, they produce dust but I'm in urban traffic, not a stop and go setting. If I had to buy pads again, I would go back to the Yellow Pads and if you were in Houston, I believe you would understand.. pc
Good it is working fine for you but I still don't think it is what I need.
I am more looking for something a bit more standard, less track oriented.
This is I was thinking about EBC Redstuff. I was also interested in Hawk HPS, Hawk Ceramic and Akebono.
Right now, I search which reference to use (like part number) for EBC redstuff but also for the other models listed above as I want to find some locally in Bangkok and I am not sure I will have lot of choice...
Old 06-11-2017, 01:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi All,

Seems finding EBC Redstuff might be a bit tricky in Bangkok, so I will stop this thread and create a new one to ask references of other pads so I can see what I can find locally
Old 07-03-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Late to the thread but I switched to Ceramic pads and will never go back. They perform well and the minimal break dust is essential... especially with the wheel design I run
Old 07-03-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by illa noiz
Late to the thread but I switched to Ceramic pads and will never go back. They perform well and the minimal break dust is essential... especially with the wheel design I run
Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I finally decided to go for the Ferodo Premier Eco-Friction FDB985. I should have them installed end of the month