A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

www.audidatabase.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh heh - true dat! 6/4/4 8-) Another reason to - do it now whilst can!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Its the content of your post thats important,I have no problems understanding and I'm a attorney
Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 AM

Default ^^^Agreed as well^^^....

While I understand and appreciate very much the need for diversity and personal identity, for some reason spelling/grammar can really get to me. So just keep that in mind when reading my comments.

What Mark is saying is true. It's one thing to express yourself uniquely THROUGH language, but it's another thing entirely to be unique because of your poor use of language/grammar. I don't think it would be unfair to say that capitalization is a pretty universal and basic thing.

I just find the posts read more like the dialogue of an excited person talking fast than readable sentences.

I'm not trying to nit-pick or play the grammar police, but a little capitalization does wonderous things for separating sentences and contributing greatly to "readability"

I don't wish to offend when I say this, but to me it seems as though kk can speak perfect english, but chooses not to capitalize or use proper grammer. I make this statement because I have noticed the common use of slang in his posts. I speak two languages, and found that it wasn't until I really spent some time learning French that I got to know the common "sayings and slang" that its speakers use every day. Saying things like "freagggin" and "d'y'folla" would indicate to me that he does understand diction well enough to know how to consciously word things in an super-casual manner.

I'll make my point: What bothers me is that the poster doesn't consider the people reading his posts when he writes his posts. Because it's apparent that he does have the intelligence and capacity to write clearly, it offends me to see him choose not to because of convenience/speed. It doesn't show much respect for our fellow AudiWorld members when you can't take the time to simply write a proper sentence and space when you are CAPABLE of doing so. I'm not asking for perfection here, folks.

If English isn't your thing, thats OK. I'm not trying to change anyone here or be rude towards those who simply cannot write well.

All the best!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:25 PM

Default thanks

It is my new favorite pic of the car on track.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default As one of those d*** foreigners......

I'll throw in my 0.02 Euro's ;-0:

We all share a common bond, that transcends borders and languages. It behooves us all to make ourselves understandable, especially if we are asking for assistance in some way. The official language here is english, and some struggle with certain aspects of that. As an example, english sentence construction is not logical to many germans, who consider all this backwards....or vice versa.

Anyway let's all lighten up and go make snow donuts.....
Old 12-05-2008, 05:51 PM

Default Very true my friend

Sorry if I didn't say it earlier, but if he is a foreigner then none of what I really said applies ;-). Nothing bad meant against anyone.

I was simply ranting about knowing how to write a proper sentence but just electing not to for the sake of ease, that's all.

I said it simply because I understood from his last post he was born/raised in the USA, no? I could have been wrong I just took it he now resides in Germany. He also mentioned his German was a little rusty so I jumped to the conclusion English was his first language. I made an assumption, so I'm sorry if I was in the wrong.

Just wanted to make sure my comments weren't taken out of context to somehow be related to whether he is or isn't a foreigner.