A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 A8L D3 ABS 00003 -014 control module defective

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 A8L D3 ABS 00003 -014 control module defective

Hello guys. I know have many post whit the abs. I just followed everybody advice. Here is the situation. I link the photos from the vcds. I’m already changed the rear right abs sensor and an abs module. I coded correctly but still the same problem. Now I’m start to check the harness but in 40-50 cm I didn’t found anything bad. Everything is perfect. So what now? I got stuck. please help.
Attached Files
Old 05-29-2021, 11:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the short story is, couple of mouths ago (6) in England of course had a rainy day. When I’m driven the car just simply come up on the dash the abs light the esp and the head light range control. I drove the car home stop the engine wait about 5 min and I thinking. After that I started the engine and a fault is gone 🤔 and then started every day worst. Right now every morning when I starting the car no fault no problem everything is working well, and then 5-10 min later depend how is the wether (cold or hot) the fault is come back. 😖 I used the vcds the problem is the abs module defective and the rear right wheel speed sensor. So I decided change the sensor. Of course nothing changed. Well I dug the internet and a lot of forums. And I found something useful and something useless advice. My original abs module part number is 4E0 617 514 A/ 4E0 910 514 A
but some module is compatible whit my car like the E
so I found a end of E module. I bought it. Fitted correctly etc, after that I coded whit vcds. Before I coded the fault is was control module incorrectly coded and the 2 rear speed sensor. After the coding come back the f…ing original problem. Rear right wheel speed sensor and the control module defective.
so I dug more deeper. Opened the abs wire harness about 40-50 cm. (first comment video below.) I didn’t it find a damage. So I decided try to measure whit multimeter maybe somewhere the wire is damaged. But no. The wire is perfect. 😖 so still I have a second defective module? Or just I did something wrong. I’m really tried everything now EVERYTHING. Except refurbish the module 🙄🤔.
So I struggling 6 months ago whit this abs problem. I don’t want to live whit this fault.
ohhh one more thing when is the lights come up (abs esp headlight range) and I use the brake intermittently then I feel the abs is working like normal. Weird isn’t it? So please help. If some one else know something please share whit me. Thanks

Last edited by Balazs Juhasz; 05-29-2021 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Have you inspected the wiring harness over the left front wheel? Known to degrade. Shown here
Old 06-07-2021, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Check plug for ABS controller

I had temperature related issue. Trifecta/ABS /traction control/parking brake.
Sent off to module master for rebuild. Reinstalled and in was still malfunctioning. A OBD2 scan identified a pressure sensor failure on ABS pump. New one is 250.00. Thought I would try some dielectric grease on the contacts.
When attempting to release the plug (small plug) it slid right off. Greased and snapped back on. Problem gone.