A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another service dept. screw-up

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another service dept. screw-up

As noted in a previous thread, I dropped off my '04 A8L for routine 35K service and surprised me an A8 loaner.

Unfortunately, things went downhill from there.

Shortly after arriving at the office, I get a call from Pass & Weisz (my dealer) with the bad news that they can't perform the service since I'm 1,800 miles short of the 10K min since my last service. He acknowledges that the service rep should have checked the mileage before scheduling my appointment.

I pointed out that the 25K service was delayed because they couldn't get me in for almost a month from my initial call and I want to get back in-sync with the recommended service schedule. No go... since Audi won't reimburse them for the work, they won't do it unless I volunteer to pay for it myself.

The wonderful service rep then preceded to tell me that tracking the service interval was my responsibility, so the mistake was actually my fault.

This morning's effort was a perfect waste of time, energy and fuel (hour drive from home, 45 min drive from office). And I get insulted as a bonus. Nice.

Something ALWAYS seems to happen on every service appointment with these guys. Sometimes big mistakes, sometimes small (like today). Always very frustrating. I could list for you at least 10 service snafus I've had to deal with over six years and two Audi's (A6 and A8L). This would not include the lemon '04 A8L that AoA bought back from me...

As much as I love the drive, I don't think I'll be doing this again in 14 months when my present lease expires. It will be a sad day for an auto enthusiast.

Mike
Old 03-07-2006, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There is a major disconnect between Audi and its dealerships

which is, in turn, transmitted to the customer from the dealer. This is one of the reasons that this will be my FIRST and LAST Audi. The two critical words "public relations" were omitted from the Audi dictionary and they may pay dearly for it!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: There is a major disconnect between Audi and its dealerships

This is disconcerting news and seems systemic based on the posts here. As an S8 waiter, it certainly gives me pause. I have avoided the dealership mentioned simply because of the way that they treated me several years ago when I was looking for an Audi and like to think that the dealership from which I have purchased a number of cars over the past 7 years will treat me better. Sounds like the dealership mentioned may be trying to maximize its short term revenues at the clear expense of potential reputational risk. Maybe they do not know--or care--about forums like this.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: There is a major disconnect between Audi and its dealerships

well well now don't be so hard on your self what ya gonna drive after this car?
I bought an older version of the A8 BECAUSE I don't like the way dealers deal with their warranties period.so I get my car fixed from the same guy who fixes my truck and works perfectly for half the price of audi!!!
55$ bucks an hour instead of 92$!!
you'll be sorry when you trade in that car,just find a good garage they are usually better in service cause they are less booked for oil change on warranties...
Old 03-07-2006, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Trust me. There ARE other cars that I would enjoy driving!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default A voice in the wilderness...

I'm mortified by the stories I read here about Audi service, and I wish it were different. I know that my A8 would also be my first and last Audi had I been forced to go through some of the crap that others on this site have had to endure. Having said that, I'd really like to put in a good word for the dealership I've been working with, Rector Audi in Burlingame, CA. First-rate service, always.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Your service advisor is an a$$hat. That kind of crap is inexcusable.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: A voice in the wilderness...

My Nalley Audi Dealership has a pretty impressive service/parts/sales depts.

Could it be they have all brands under their tent?<ul><li><a href="http://nalleycars.com/">Nalley</a></li></ul>
Old 03-07-2006, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

WHAT? No Aston Martin??????
Old 03-07-2006, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Another plug for a dealer who provides good service

I am very happy with Midwestern Auto Group in Dublin, OH. They have provided excellent service even though I bought my Audi from another dealer across town.

They sell and service many other luxury brands including BMW, Porsche, Bentley, Ferrari, Maseratti, RR, Aston Martin, etc.

Quick Reply: Another service dept. screw-up