A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A8 d3 ambient lighting retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi A8 d3 ambient lighting retrofit

Hi.
I saw on my friends A8 that he had led lighting under the door trim. I know they came as an option from factory.
Also i have seen on ebay that they sell the led bars.
Question is if i can retrofit them or i need some modules and so on. Or is it possible wire it on door switch power output so if the door buttons light up so will the led bar.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ESTMan
Hi.
I saw on my friends A8 that he had led lighting under the door trim. I know they came as an option from factory.
Also i have seen on ebay that they sell the led bars.
Question is if i can retrofit them or i need some modules and so on. Or is it possible wire it on door switch power output so if the door buttons light up so will the led bar.
Hello ESTMan,
I have never seen a D3 A8 without the ambient lighting, can you post some pictures of your doors showing that area, also, did you try to turn them on in the MMI settings ?
Old 03-20-2018, 12:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Passenger side door. I looked at all doors and i see there clamps but no lightbars there. I also have activated the mmi menus background lighting but it says off and i cant nothing do there.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Giovanni Giovino 6.0+6.0TT
Hello ESTMan,
I have never seen a D3 A8 without the ambient lighting, can you post some pictures of your doors showing that area, also, did you try to turn them on in the MMI settings ?
I added pictures and some info.even if i got highway or city and try to but it more light way it wont turn.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

I added pictures and some info.even if i got highway or city and try to but it more light way it wont turn.
Did you click the OFF to see if you can turn it on? I tried mine yesterday and when it's OFF, I clicked it and it turned ON and RED.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 03-22-2018, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Did you click the OFF to see if you can turn it on? I tried mine yesterday and when it's OFF, I clicked it and it turned ON and RED.
Cheers,
Louis
Yes i tryed. It wont give me an option to turn it ON. Can u add picture of ur door led light bar? Like i did a picture so i can see if there is a differense.
Cheera
T.O
Old 03-23-2018, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

This bar?
Attached Thumbnails Audi A8 d3 ambient lighting retrofit-photo181.jpg  
Old 03-23-2018, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
This bar?
Yes this one. I dont have it. All 4 doors are without it.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well. I have all those ambilight components. Took from another car the door wiring and other needed stuff. Power is there and the lights work. I unlock doors they light up but when the car is started and footwell light dimm out they also go off. I tryd to find the coding solutsion for it but i cant find where i can activate that. Some google guides are there but none of them work on my car. Cant long code stuff. Maybe my vcds is not the best one for it.
any solutsions?
Old 04-06-2020, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well. I have all those ambilight components. Took from another car the door wiring and other needed stuff. Power is there and the lights work. I unlock doors they light up but when the car is started and footwell light dimm out they also go off. I tryd to find the coding solutsion for it but i cant find where i can activate that. Some google guides are there but none of them work on my car. Cant long code stuff. Maybe my vcds is not the best one for it.
any solutsions?
Add this to your roof electronics module coding and you will be able to use the background lightning in the mmi.
Also select the City option and both footwell and door lights will light up.

Light Profile
  • +0000000 = Light Profile not active (PR-QQ0/QQ2)
  • +0000128 = Light Profile active (PR-QQ1/QQ3)

Last edited by VAG8; 04-06-2020 at 02:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Audi A8 d3 ambient lighting retrofit