A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone identify this adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can anyone identify this adapter?

I am the extremely proud owner of a 2006 Audi A8L, moving over from a S4.

I picked it up yesterday and took in as much information as I could from the forums regarding iPod adapters. From my research, it appears that the best iPod adapter for my vehicle is going to be the Dension Gateway 500.

Now that I have that settled, my dilemma is there's an iPod cable already in my glove box. It does charge my iPhone and iPod when I connected those devices to it. Unfortunately, it does absolutely nothing else, no matter what I try. I do have a CD changer in the glove box which functions normally.

When the cable is connected to the iPod, the iPod toggles from an “Ok to Disconnect” screen to the main menu every ˝ second. The iPhone does something similar when I navigate to the iPod functions.

From what I understand from reading the forums, this cars did not come equipped with this cable...right? So, I'm at a loss why an older nano and my 2G iPhone will not do anything but charge. BTW: Bluetooth is working flawlessly with my iPhone.

So can anyone identify this adapter? My first step, I guess is to identify the iPod adapters hardware.

Can I be lucky enough to already have a Dension Gateway 5000 that just needs to be rebooted or that has some other issue someone reading this can easily help me resolve?

Thanks,

Nick
Attached Images