A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't wait to see if the camera is working!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my local indie garage can do flashing (So they tell me havent seen it for myself), many of the modules can be flashed using one of the vas units. as well as the vas unit (its what audi use) you also need the images to flash, which i believe come on cd/dvd roms. (i did have a load of those somewhere)there are 2nd hand units out there, saw some on ebay i while back, and i came across a forum dedicated to vas tools and such which discussed the flashing process.

someone has cracked the component protection with yet another device similar to vcds but includes vas like hardware and not only involved the software but cutting in to 2 wires under the dash, it also cost if i remember rightly somewhere in the region of 15000 - 20000 dollars, considering the cost of getting audi to remove CP was around 25GBP a couple of months ago, its hard to justify that kind of cost.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
If they can flash it, I can flash it. Just have to find out the image for it. I write codes to flash devices. I was thinking about it last night. I need to find out what flash they use and how to access the flash. I'm sure if we search on the net, someone in Europe already did this.

Cheers,

Louis
But can you duplicate this FLASH !!!
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Tried the 4L0 907 468 B -

Alright,
I took out the gateway from Q7, put it in, it still had the RVC on the list, the car doesn't start until I click save. This is scary. I have to turn on many codes and reprogram for it to work, this is from my Q7, I don't really want to save anything from the A8. I stop, but whatever is in the GATEWAY, it's there until you change and save it. There are many sections in the 19 gateway to turn on the 6C back up camera before 6C can be accessed.

I'm sure this will work on my A8 for the RVC. I ordered one on Ebay for $118 shipped. I hate trials and errors.

Cheers,

Louis

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 05-04-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default NO CAN DO!!! :-)

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
But can you duplicate this FLASH !!!
How the heck I can flash that?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't Mess Around With The Gateway

Put back the Q7 Gateway, turned on the ignition, the whole dash board is blank, no lights, nothing. Checked the battery, move the seats, fine... click the car with remote - hear clicking.
The dash is black, no lights, no click while turning ignition, scary... Checked the gateway options since I saved it in A8. Restored.

Put back, click remote on/off, put the key in ignition, turned on, lights are on and it started.

The moral of the story is, don't mess with your gateway, if you do, make sure you screen captures everything on the 19-Gateway so you can restore it to the original.

One more thing I learned. If the battery is full, if you turn the ignition key on and the dash board is black - blank - no lights - no click - it may be the GATEWAY.

Scare me to death...
Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default is your heartbeat back to normal yet ?

Louis,
What to you think of what is being shown here ?

Flasher module is able to flash anu ECU flashable by VAS-Tester(example: CAN Gateway) using .sgo and own .cry files.. more at: www_vag-tech_com

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 05-04-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default VAG COM PRO can program CAN GATEWAY!!!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
Louis,
What to you think of what is being shown here ?

Flasher module is able to flash anu ECU flashable by VAS-Tester(example: CAN Gateway) using .sgo and own .cry files.. more at: www_vag-tech_com

VAG CAN Pro - Flasher module - YouTube
It does look like VAG-COM PRO can program the gateway, all we need is the correct image *.cry. Who has the PRO? Flash the gateway module. Flash programming there using can bus interface.

Cheers,

Louis
Old 05-04-2013, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I should have bought this one instead of VCDS. Cheaper and more functions.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sony Camera is Great - But the guide lines are all wrong

I wanted to see how the "inexpensive sony CCD camera" would look in the day time, I checked it out with the 7" monitor and the position of the camera on the left license plate light. NOT BAD at all, but the 3M (1M ~3ft) mark is actually 2-3 feet mark.

the 170 degree is not bad.

The LED lights for the assembly is reversed in polarities and the resistance is too high - must have a resistor across the wire. I have to make the wires to cross with the original terminals.

LEDS lightbulbs warning problems.

Ohms law = P = VI = I*I*R = license plate bulb = 5W -> I=5/12V = .42A
R = 5 / {(.42) * (.42)} = 28.3 Ohms. I measured across original bulb = 3.6 ohms. So the circuit must be compensated with many other bulbs or components. I don't know if my equations are correct, but nothing seems to compute.

I bought 2 LEDs bulbs for the license plate and they measured 80 ohms. They said it would not throw codes.

Well, my car already had warning light since last night because of the camera bulb (not connected). Do I have to reset the warning light before putting back the good ones? I put back the original bulb and it's still there.

LED is nice.

The guy said I'll receive my 4L0 next week for sure.
Cheers,

Louis

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 05-05-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Got the "F" after 3 weeks and it doesn't support RVC but supports ACC

Unbelievable-3 weeks and $103 out. People said I need the "F" for RVC so surely like they did them themselves - NONE of them did it because it doesn't work. I wish people are more responsible.
Can't wait for the 4L0 907 468 B, and if this one doesn't work, I'll put a 7" monitor on the dash just for the heck of the RVC.

Cheers,

Louis

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 05-06-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Can't wait to see if the camera is working!!!