A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MainelyA8
It just says "Your telephone might not be connected or inserted properly". Pressing the setup key gives me the top "telephone settings" option, but the rest are greyed out. When I turn bluetooth on on my Samsung, the Audi does not show up for connection anymore.
toast
Old 12-13-2016, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

When I recently did the 4410 update, I had to run the first cd twice. Then I ran the 2nd cd twice just to be sure. Try running the first cd again and then the 2nd again.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Both CDs come up with the same message when I try to run them.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't believe that's related to the software update failing, but I did find that my compressor seems to be drawing a lot of power. The other day, it make this terrible grinding noise (if I had to guess what a loose motor magnet sounded like, it'd be the noise this made). The radio cut out, the HVAC controls cut in and out, and the interior lights flickered. It's worked ever since, but is noticeably louder. I will definitely be sending it back to RMT when I get the chance.

The bluetooth module is located under the driver's side carpet, correct? That will be next on my list after getting the compressor swapped out.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MainelyA8
I don't believe that's related to the software update failing, but I did find that my compressor seems to be drawing a lot of power. The other day, it make this terrible grinding noise (if I had to guess what a loose motor magnet sounded like, it'd be the noise this made). The radio cut out, the HVAC controls cut in and out, and the interior lights flickered. It's worked ever since, but is noticeably louder. I will definitely be sending it back to RMT when I get the chance.

The bluetooth module is located under the driver's side carpet, correct? That will be next on my list after getting the compressor swapped out.
pump sounds like a fire waiting to happen, keep extinguisher close...

yep the bt is under driver footwell....