A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me pick an A8!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 585 Likes on 490 Posts
Default Don't get that...

more than one of us live here. NorCal in my case. Wouldn't really expect the biggest run on D3's and not real hard to look at dealer's sites or AutoTrader is someone actually wanted to scoop you.

Good luck.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know - its Santa Monica Audi if anybody wants to check it out for me
Old 01-22-2012, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Got it. NorCal here

Rector, Carlsen, Sonnen, Stevens Creek, Royal, etc.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Did you not read my post when I first commented in this thread.
Do NOT buy a car without looking at it. $500 plane ticket and a nice trip, vs. a $30k+ headache? Use your head man.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by A42B
All of these are "non L" which is my preference.
The car you like in Santa Monica is an "L"
Old 01-22-2012, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually...ARE transferable

Originally Posted by awdinut
Audi Certified warranties are no longer transferable. So unless these cars are from Audi dealers who are certifying them to you at the time of sale...
See last bullet of of the summary page for current Audi CPO:

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/c.../overview.html
Excerpt: "o The benefit of having a fully transferable Certified pre-owned Limited Warranty from the original owner of the CPO vehicle to a subsequent private owner."
Caught me by surprise; they must have changed this recently again. Transfer form looks like it cut in 9/30/11. (editorial note: folks like A/W could do a better job here, let alone Audi maybe getting the word out even to likely owner/buyers)

From what I read, car has to pass through private hands later, but makes it more attractive again for someone who may want to re sell before too long. $150 transfer fee.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 01-22-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Brozee
Did you not read my post when I first commented in this thread.
Do NOT buy a car without looking at it. $500 plane ticket and a nice trip, vs. a $30k+ headache? Use your head man.
My way (only 300 miles away) was $1k deposit ("sir, it won't hold the car if somone comes in with the full price" to which I said "fine, it has been there for almost five months, I'll roll the dice") then I financed the balance. When I arrrived (a day early to surprise them) the car was fine with a few details I told them to take care of otherwise I would walk. I was prrepared to lose the 1k if I had to. I would have never signed taking delivery so the financing would not matter. Had the car been a lemon, i'd personally take it to the bank. Who cares about damaged credit, I would have won that one. Once the car proved good three months later, I paid it off. So I had to pay a grand in finance fees as an insurance policy. It beats one of those warranties.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by awdinut
Audi Certified warranties are no longer transferable. So unless these cars are from Audi dealers who are certifying them to you at the time of sale...
I did a search on audi's site, the following states that it is transferable but conditions apply. Any idea what the conditions are?

One of the cars I'm considering is at a BMW dealer, with CPO listed.

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/c..._warranty.html

The Audi Certified pre-owned Limited Warranty is transferable from the original owner of the CPO vehicle to a subsequent private owner (certain conditions apply, please see the Audi Certified pre-owned Limited Warranty application for details).
Old 01-22-2012, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The new transfer conditions:

Originally Posted by A42B
I did a search on audi's site, the following states that it is transferable but conditions apply. Any idea what the conditions are?

One of the cars I'm considering is at a BMW dealer, with CPO listed.

Right here as a link from the page you were on:

http://microsites.audiusa.com/ngw/11...n_AUG_2011.pdf

Copying them in here:
This vehicle must meet current Audi Certified pre-owned guidelines for transfer eligibility:
► Vehicle must have originally been sold as Certified pre-owned on or after September 1, 2011.
► At time of proposed transfer, the Audi CPO Limited Warranty must be in effect, that is, the vehicle is within age & mileage limits.
► Vehicle must not have been totaled, stolen, exported from the US, or imported to the US from another country.
► The Audi CPO Limited Warranty is only eligible to be transferred from private owner to private owner and must be requested by the
original purchaser of the CPO vehicle. Dealership participation is excluded. Eligible Customers: Current owners or lessees of a MY01 or newer Audi vehicle.
► Transfer application must be submitted by the original Certified pre-owned owner within 30 days of vehicle sale.
I don't see how a car at a non-Audi dealer is Audi CPO. At most, an aftermarket warranty. Only other scenario might be one way at the end of the older transferable CPO system when it didn't have this new private sale condition. I think that was more than 6 years on though, so a null set.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

forget about the warranty. Be sure to hook up with someone who can work on the car. They are far and few between. Most "foreign car" shops wont touch it. Now I'm not being negative, I love my A8L. However, I pay golf with my mechanic. These baby's are expensive to maintain. Whatever you do, be sure to test drive the car. Owning an M3, I'm sure you know German cars all have their own personalities. You don't want to buy a bitch.
IMHO