A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Monday! <drum roll please....> Let's talk about... Easy Egress

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Monday! <drum roll please....> Let's talk about... Easy Egress

Well, there were so many choices to talk about today, however, when I mentioned this little feature to Randy, his response was "what little button?" Then, I drove his car yesterday and it has the same little button

While waiting for my son to emerge from school one day, I'm sitting in my car fiddling with the steering wheel. Moving it up, down, in and out - I'm on the tall side, so I'm picky about being able to see the cockpit instruments without the steering wheel obscuring my vision. But, I don't like having it too high - reminds me of driving a truck. Anyway, while trying to find the perfect position, I come across a little button right next to the steering wheel adjustment control. Hmmm... what does this do? I break out the manual and find out that by depressing this button, upon turning the car off, the steering wheel will conveniently "park" itself up and out of the way, so you have more room to get in and out of your car. Then, the next time you start your car, the steering wheel will return to its last driving position.

So, for those with long legs - no more knocking your knees on the steering wheel. Is your wife or g/f pregnant? show her this feature - trust me, she will appreciate it. If nothing else, it is a cool way of showing off one of the fun gadgets in your car - it works everytime! (unlike my auto-trunk closer) &lt;gotta get that looked at&gt;

I hope this was informative to at least a few people. If not, I guess there's always next week!
Old 09-27-2004, 11:19 AM

Default I did not know there was a button to do this.

I've figured out the adjustment thing, but a up-and-out-of-the-way button I did not know.

I need to do another button hunt, it's not like me to miss a toy.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: "button hunt" - be careful if you find one marked "ejection" :-)

It is for guys like "racerxj8" only. LOL
Old 09-27-2004, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Interesting that we have to find things like this on our own, rather than

having the salesman show us. When I bought my A8L, the sales guy barely knew how to open the doors. My show and tell session was about five minutes.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Bingo...another great feature

Loved it on my A6.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default This button is also good for other conveniences...that might

occur with the Mrs ( if one gets lucky )or Miss ( not married ). Use your imagination! :&gt Randy should be smiling by now.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Shhhh.... that's next weeks' topic :)

Have you noticed how quiet "racerxj8" has become? Must not have gotten the response he was anticipating.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

&lt;blush&gt; ;-) hehehe....
Old 09-27-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Problem is, you have to take the key out of the ignition . . .

for the tilt-away feature to work, and then the overhead lights turn on and the doors unlock.
Not exactly what you want when doing this kind of "parking." 8^)
Old 09-27-2004, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My delivery was similar.

Thank goodness I had driven the car on several test runs, plus, after owning 5 previous Audis we figured we knew more than the salesman anyway. The first Saturday night after the purchase we both sat out in the car for about 4 hours, pouring over the manuals and trying everything out. I guess that's the sign of an "old married couple" when your weekend excitement includes your car

Quick Reply: It's Monday! <drum roll please....> Let's talk about... Easy Egress