A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy 2012-2014 A8 - Savanna beige

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking to buy 2012-2014 A8 - Savanna beige

Re-[posted from the D4 Forum)

Do any of you know of such a car for sale?? We want the SWB model, not the L model. Very rare, but attractive color, at least for us! Currently have an '07 A8 in this color. My wife (primary driver of the D3) is having depth of field visual problems and needs better 'help' from the car!

Please supply info regarding location, contact name, telephone or email, etc. Really appreciate any help.

Gary
Old 06-01-2018, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was always wondering why beige color is so popular with senior citizens
Old 06-01-2018, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BASARAB
I was always wondering why beige color is so popular with senior citizens
Because the tone reminds them of the dirt which will soon be their ever after. Seriously, though, I like it, it looks nice to me. I would love this S8 in this color;
Old 06-01-2018, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

https://www.goritchey.com/used/Audi/...842a251afc.htm
3.0T is the best engine
https://www.gravityautosatlanta.com/....0l-c-1763.htm
Only 2 exist for now.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 06-01-2018, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
It is a bit of a unicorn. The 3.0t is the most reliable engine, but I am still in love with the 4.0t and would prefer to live with its personality flaws in exchange for that wonderful thrust and noise.

Edit; That second is by the far the better value, worth a look, check it for any problems and accident history. D4's are really coming down, aren't they? I'll just be happy to get my D3 on the road, though, barely had a chance to enjoy it before I parked it for repairs.

Last edited by Jack88; 06-01-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I've never craved for power, I like A8 because they're comfortable and high-tech regardless of how people criticize.
My next A8 may be my last since I don't get any younger and I don't intend to fix the car too much. I don't have much confidence on Turbos regardless on how well they're made, turbines in high heat constantly... hmm.
I'm not crazy about supercharge either but at least turbines in cold air... definitely last longer.
I don't know how you could buy a car that broke so soon. Sorry to hear that. Hope you didn't pay much for it.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 06-01-2018, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I've never craved for power, I like A8 because they're comfortable and high-tech regardless of how people criticize.
My next A8 may be my last since I don't get any younger and I don't intend to fix the car too much. I don't have much confidence on Turbos regardless on how well they're made, turbines in high heat constantly... hmm.
I'm not crazy about supercharge either but at least turbines in cold air... definitely last longer.
I don't know how you could buy a car that broke so soon. Sorry to hear that. Hope you didn't pay much for it.
Cheers,
Louis
Oh, it was all broke when I bought it. Bought it from my brother, who got it from Mishar. It needed all 4 upper control arm bushings, forward lower control arm bushings, torn CV boot on the passenger side, oil cooler leak, front pads and rotors worn, valve cover gasket leak, and a likely faulty transmission filter gasket. I already replaced both front struts with used units, one may be leaking again, about 75% sure it is, sway bar links, sanded and cleared the headlights, coolant reservoir, and installed satellite radio in the car. Waiting on a CV boot clamp tool, since the one I bought from NAPA broke immediately, upper control arms are taken care of, brakes and valve cover gasket are in my garage, and I'm waiting on parts for the rest. And I paid $6500 for it. At least with Mishar's posts, I have a lot of the maintenance and repairs done to the car recorded. Like the metal gears and sunshade clips he installed, S8 brakes, backup camera, and bluetooth. And the D4 20's look nice and I know he did the timing belt 50k miles ago. The only problem I knew of was the driver's strut being bad, the rest were surprises.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
Oh, it was all broke when I bought it. Bought it from my brother, who got it from Mishar. It needed all 4 upper control arm bushings, forward lower control arm bushings, torn CV boot on the passenger side, oil cooler leak, front pads and rotors worn, valve cover gasket leak, and a likely faulty transmission filter gasket. I already replaced both front struts with used units, one may be leaking again, about 75% sure it is, sway bar links, sanded and cleared the headlights, coolant reservoir, and installed satellite radio in the car. Waiting on a CV boot clamp tool, since the one I bought from NAPA broke immediately, upper control arms are taken care of, brakes and valve cover gasket are in my garage, and I'm waiting on parts for the rest. And I paid $6500 for it. At least with Mishar's posts, I have a lot of the maintenance and repairs done to the car recorded. Like the metal gears and sunshade clips he installed, S8 brakes, backup camera, and bluetooth. And the D4 20's look nice and I know he did the timing belt 50k miles ago. The only problem I knew of was the driver's strut being bad, the rest were surprises.

This is why my next car will be a 2004-2006 S-Class. I am also tired of how crazy expensive Audi parts can be, but that is a lack of oversight on my part. I should have research production numbers of the A8 vs. other equivalent cars. I do love the car, especially in the snow. However, it drives me mad to see stuff like this:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ap/077115433b/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ap/1121800710/

God help us if Audi had the same design as that Mercedes oil filter cap, it would be well over $200. Also, don't get me started on some of the engineering aspects of this car. I have a particular disdain for the air filter box, as the engineers behind it gave zero fu*ks when it came to the consideration of removal for servicing.

Last edited by jlbell; 06-02-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I used to like Benz in Pre 90s, after 2000, they're quite unreliable and the designs weren't conservative... more like Toyota styles imho.
Audi's getting better and better in everything again imho. The only car I may get besides the A8 is Panamera.
Old cars, nothing is more reliable than the A8 if you don't do unnecessary maintenance and rely totally on VCDS.
1 oil change a year is all Audi needs.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 06-02-2018, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jlbell
This is why my next car will be a 2004-2006 S-Class. I am also tired of how crazy expensive Audi parts can be, but that is a lack of oversight on my part. I should have research production numbers of the A8 vs. other equivalent cars. I do love the car, especially in the snow. However, it drives me mad to see stuff like this:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ap/077115433b/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ap/1121800710/

God help us if Audi had the same design as that Mercedes oil filter cap, it would be well over $200. Also, don't get me started on some of the engineering aspects of this car. I have a particular disdain for the air filter box, as the engineers behind it gave zero fu*ks when it came to the consideration of removal for servicing.
I used to like Benz in Pre 90s, after 2000, they're quite unreliable and the designs weren't conservative... more like Toyota styles imho.
Audi's getting better and better in everything again imho. The only car I may get besides the A8 is Panamera.
Old cars, nothing is more reliable than the A8 if you don't do unnecessary maintenance and rely totally on VCDS.
1 oil change a year is all Audi needs.
Cheers,
Louis
Can confirm, I had a 2004 CL600, basically a 2 door S-class, and that thing required even more than this Audi, and the Audi has 2 1/2 times the mileage on it the Benz did. For the record, only one problem I had with the car was V12 related. I think this Audi's issue is 3 years of deferred repair and maintenance. I get the impression that once it's sorted, it should be solid once again for a good while. It's also worth noting half of what I'm addressing could be ignored, but I want to enjoy the car the way it was meant to be, otherwise why bother with an A8? You want worry free, get a Lexus.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy 2012-2014 A8 - Savanna beige