A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low voltage battery caused; no crank, no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

I truly believe in good karma and being honest.
- Good karma = helping people save money and grief.
- Bad karma = make people lose money without good results.
- Be honest = I've never replaced anything VCDS reported because none of them is my real problem so if I recommend troubleshooting problems using VCDS? That's being a hypocrite, and being hypocritical is definitely NOT a good KARMA.
So, I live with an equation Good Karma(happiness+luck) - Bad Karma(misery+unlucky) = my well being, if bad karma is 0 then only Happiness and Luck. My car has been quite reliable so far - although what's made to fail will fail, then it will always be my turn of everything and I do expect it. Say as you please and believe what you will, but do you replace everything VCDS reported or just stare at it and guess? Be honest then your car will last very long, at least IMHO.
No doubt, VCDS reports everything, you have to have knowledge to troubleshoot the correct failure. I do work with data every day, and there is more junk data than usable ones.
Cheers,
Louis

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 01-18-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

There are issues you can better diagnose without it and others better diagnosed with it, and often you can use it to help confirm or narrow down a diagnosis. That you have gotten by without it doesn't mean that's what everyone's situation needs.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car seems ok, riding a little stiff..I dont feel the car leveling out at anytime..it seems ok height wise but maybe a smidge lower in rear..the yellow and green indicator lights are still on and "Lift" and "dynamic" are greyed out since ive been driving it after both repairs.. I believe the computer has to relearn or workout the bugs after i put 50plus miles on i was told the light woud go out. And lift and dynamic would be selectable..and hopefully the ride quality will be back to normal but i believe ive driven over 60mi..and nothing worked itself out yet. Any thoughts or reassurance that the system is relearning and working out the bugs from beibg down so long and or accepting a donar compresor.that i dobt know tge history of and the life it has left...
might it be i just need to rebuild my original compressor or this one. Or buy a new one.. I figure if the system is up and staying up..it should be back to normal..any thoughts will be appreciated. Please no negative " well obviously the thibg isnt fixed" or " guess you messed it up " just poaitive sugesstions no talking down on ppl.or lectures..ty

Old 01-21-2019, 10:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tony51
Car seems ok, riding a little stiff..I dont feel the car leveling out at anytime..it seems ok height wise but maybe a smidge lower in rear..the yellow and green indicator lights are still on and "Lift" and "dynamic" are greyed out since ive been driving it after both repairs.. I believe the computer has to relearn or workout the bugs after i put 50plus miles on i was told the light woud go out. And lift and dynamic would be selectable..and hopefully the ride quality will be back to normal but i believe ive driven over 60mi..and nothing worked itself out yet. Any thoughts or reassurance that the system is relearning and working out the bugs from beibg down so long and or accepting a donar compresor.that i dobt know tge history of and the life it has left...
might it be i just need to rebuild my original compressor or this one. Or buy a new one.. I figure if the system is up and staying up..it should be back to normal..any thoughts will be appreciated. Please no negative " well obviously the thibg isnt fixed" or " guess you messed it up " just poaitive sugesstions no talking down on ppl.or lectures..ty
The cars level height doesn't move on start up or turning key off and getting out closing the door..like it would normally let out a little air.because the weight of myself or if someone sits in the passenger seat or backseat on either side .the shocks would level up to make up for the weight.. It seems to have just pumped up and is locked in the same position..ride quality definitely not the same..any thoughts???
Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Do the basic tests - start from scratch - Assume nothing...
1. Make sure the car is well charged (you have new battery, still). Turn on the ignition, must set to "LIFT" - when the arrow is done (watch my video to know when it's done) - Put it in Jack Mode.
2. Watch all 4 corners - Measure them if you can. Wait for a few hours.
3. 3 scenarios, one side will go down (strut specific) or both front or rear will go down or all go down (Valve block?)

If the ride is not the same - put back the original Struts.

Cheers,
Louis