A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI 46.10 and BT telephone issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
Battery meter: resettable via VAG-COM as already noted in thread. There is a separate TSB for this issue, so yes dealer should be able to do that one tweak (or do under warranty if your car is still under factory warranty--sounds like not if your adaptive issue isn't covered).

Adaptive: This will end around to another reason to get a VAG-COM, or at least access to one. From the issue you mention, I wonder if it might be the steering positioning sensor as another possibility. That can kick on the warning lights too connected to headlight use; happened in mine. The steering position sensor on which adaptive relies as an input was at fault--sensor is in the steering column assembly. VAG-COM would give you much better data here on this and other issues. If you are in a major metropolitan area you may find other helpful users who will share; there is a list somewhere on line for that as well. You will need the newer CAN compatible one; guys with older Audis may be using the prior version.
I have results for the adaptive light issue! I unplugged the battery overnight as instructed by a few posts I found relating to clearing codes. I would've done it sooner but I just purchased this car and the radio code was nowhere to be found. I called Audi Mendham, NJ (great bunch of guys!) since this was the originating dealer, to see if they could help. After a few phone calls they explained that the MMI unit does not have a "radio code". I hesitantly continued to unplug the battery. Next morning I plugged everything up, fired her up and viola! No code needed! I reprogrammed a few things and drove around for a bit. It's been 24 hours and no errors as of yet. I was getting the error every single time I used to car for both daytime running lights and the adaptive function.

Some background....the whole issue began because the cornering motor in one of my lamps was replaced. But it was done at an Acura dealer, hence they did not know to clear the code first nor to unplug the battery before installing the new part. So... my brainiac/mechanic cousin mentioned the code most likely wasn't cleared before they plugged everything up. And he was right!

What strikes me, rather breaks my heart here is that I explained this to the Audi service rep and their conclusion was bad wiring and a faulty lamp and not enough time to figure out the problem (kept it for 2 days) with an estimate to the tune of $1500, which really means they would just replace the entire lamp rather than troubleshoot it. Sad. Anyway, they charged me for looking at it, left my car filthy, and gave me a filthy loaner...so I will be writing AoA to see what can be done about this. Any idea how receptive they are?

I honestly wish I could afford/like the newer Acura's with SH-awd because the dealer that sold me the Audi is really great (DCH Montclair Acura, Verona, NJ). They really go above and beyond there, so there's a little plug for them!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive light Error Update

Originally Posted by A6Nello
I have results for the adaptive light issue! I unplugged the battery overnight as instructed by a few posts I found relating to clearing codes. I would've done it sooner but I just purchased this car and the radio code was nowhere to be found. I called Audi Mendham, NJ (great bunch of guys!) since this was the originating dealer, to see if they could help. After a few phone calls they explained that the MMI unit does not have a "radio code". I hesitantly continued to unplug the battery. Next morning I plugged everything up, fired her up and viola! No code needed! I reprogrammed a few things and drove around for a bit. It's been 24 hours and no errors as of yet. I was getting the error every single time I used to car for both daytime running lights and the adaptive function.

Some background....the whole issue began because the cornering motor in one of my lamps was replaced. But it was done at an Acura dealer, hence they did not know to clear the code first nor to unplug the battery before installing the new part. So... my brainiac/mechanic cousin mentioned the code most likely wasn't cleared before they plugged everything up. And he was right!

What strikes me, rather breaks my heart here is that I explained this to the Audi service rep and their conclusion was bad wiring and a faulty lamp and not enough time to figure out the problem (kept it for 2 days) with an estimate to the tune of $1500, which really means they would just replace the entire lamp rather than troubleshoot it. Sad. Anyway, they charged me for looking at it, left my car filthy, and gave me a filthy loaner...so I will be writing AoA to see what can be done about this. Any idea how receptive they are?

I honestly wish I could afford/like the newer Acura's with SH-awd because the dealer that sold me the Audi is really great (DCH Montclair Acura, Verona, NJ). They really go above and beyond there, so there's a little plug for them!
I unfortunately got the error today after 4 error free days, back to service. I think I may just look to another service dept so I at least get better treatment like I used to get from Lexus and Acura. Thanks for the help guys!