A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI Help! Update has wiped the car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a8london
No offence taken - I would take the car to my local franchise but sadly I trust them like i'd trust a Barbary ape on crack. My previous car was a Q7 and they were always trying it on at services. Central London car dealers are never the best of value....

I have now tried to re-run the updates but with each cd it just says "No device is selected for updating" - in the SW screen against each of the components it says N>. Does this mean all the SW has successfully updated? If so, how come in the configs the SW show old dates

Here are the screens for the current configuration and each component:

So - firstly, could anyone detail exactly what components I have? I can recognise the CD player and Nav but what is SDS and Gateway? The reason I'm looking into this is because the telephone component is not being recognised and since the update the sound is only playing on the left hand side.

Any help very much appreciated!
Go into Car > Systems > Version or just look for Software Version somewhere in MMI and tell us what it is or Take another pic. From what I've understood about MMI Updates, you get 1 Shot to Install it correctly and yes you can Re-Install it Several Time assuming that you've done it correctly each time! MMI will only Update Modules that haven't been change and wheather it's done wrong or right, you get one shot! Don't be disapointed if you have to Pay the Stealership to Re-Flash Everything which will be Expensive! Good luck and laters,

Last edited by williebone; 12-12-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's 5570.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's 5570.
Send us a Pic of that. I'm not aware of that Version since 4610 was the last Update that we all have done. Thanks & laters,
Old 12-13-2010, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Euro version

Originally Posted by williebone
Send us a Pic of that. I'm not aware of that Version since 4610 was the last Update that we all have done. Thanks & laters,
I believe that is the current European version (different numbering due to the different European content).
Old 12-13-2010, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here you go.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Got It!

Originally Posted by subit0
I believe that is the current European version (different numbering due to the different European content).
I guess the Obvious Question Is?

Here you go.

Are in the States or Europe?
Old 12-13-2010, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

uk. my user name might give a clue.......
Old 12-13-2010, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Duh!

uk. my user name might give a clue.......
Sorry didn't pay enough attention to that. Anyhow, it seems that your Version is Correct for your Country, but there could be Files that didn't Upload since you lost your Power. I'm sure that you've tried to Re-Install several times without any success, so it looks like a Trip to the Dealership! I don't know if you can Reverse back to the Original Version, but it might be worth a try if you can find the Original MMI Version that you came from before the Update. Good luck and keep us posted! Laters,
Old 12-13-2010, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by williebone
Sorry didn't pay enough attention to that. Anyhow, it seems that your Version is Correct for your Country, but there could be Files that didn't Upload since you lost your Power. I'm sure that you've tried to Re-Install several times without any success, so it looks like a Trip to the Dealership! I don't know if you can Reverse back to the Original Version, but it might be worth a try if you can find the Original MMI Version that you came from before the Update. Good luck and keep us posted! Laters,
Willie, I'm surprised that you didn't notice a W12 2004. No such animal in North America unless it is grey market.Thanks and Laters. Is Laters a Hoosier thing? I Zoom!, do you? Actually I have an IPass.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks guys - particularly on the lesson in Illinois culture - "hoosier" and "Ipass" were new to me but I'm now informed! I will let you know how I get on with the upgrade thing - on the issue of the telephone connectivity (Lack of) someone suggested that I ditch the existing telephone component and install a bluetooth module - does anyone have experience of doing this and which system is deemed the best - OEM or an aftermarket one like ViseeO?

Quick Reply: MMI Help! Update has wiped the car!