A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering an S8 - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering an S8 - Questions

Never owned an Audi, love the idea of the quattro in a high powered sedan, so I am going for the S8.
Few Questions:

1.) I am very tempted by the white, but have not seen in person - anyone seen one care to comment? (Love the black, but have sworn off black and the silver doesn't do it for me).

2.) Anyone seen the upgraded leather package in person? Comments?

3.) Is the standard stereo acceptable or is the B&O the only way to go?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2008, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Ordering an S8 - Questions

I haven't seen white on an S8, but I have seen it on an A8L. It looked fine, but I'm not really a fan of white cars. Have you looked at the Daytona Grey? It looks great.

The upgraded leather looks great -- well worth it in my opinion.

I think the standard stereo sounds great on it's own. I don't think the B&O sounds much better, if any, and if my B&O home equipment is any indication, it should prove to be problematic over time.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Ordering an S8 - Questions

Rowlie, You'll love the S8 ! I have the bose stereo and I'm pleased with the sound quality. By upgraded leather do you mean the leather dash and door panels option which is pretty expensive ? I'm not aware of something other than the valcona leather seats which are very nice. I would think the S8 would look good in white but haven't seen one in person. McBucky
Old 02-24-2008, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Placed my replacement S8 on "order" on Saturday.

Decided to go with the full leather package as I have regretted this decision on the present car from day 1 (well maybe day 2).
I will not give up the B&O. I have owned the Bose and the B&O. There is a difference - a big difference. Is it worth it? Of course not! How can you call $6300 worth it! I am still not giving it up.
Order otherwise is for Phantom Black with the Black / Silver interior and Carbon trim.
I am not sure about white on such a large car. I saw the full leather on the show car S8 that toured in 06. Fabulous!
Have fun choosing!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

B&O is worth it, full leather is not, and the color is up to you
Old 02-25-2008, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: B&O is worth it, full leather is not, and the color is up to you

That is correct.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting perspective on full leather. Thoughts on why not?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:32 AM

Default B&O is fantastic! White should look good, can't have enough leather.....

or is that only for the weekends???
Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Agree with Wickedated. IMHO,.....

don't see the purpose of non-functional upgrades for the interior (I wouldn't put the CF in this category, because it is easier to maintain). Also agree that the B&O is better sounding (and I'm half deaf in one ear from a long ago scuba diving accident).
Old 02-25-2008, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Here's my take:

Everyone who sees a D3 S8 automatically asks about "the badass speakers that pop out of the dash." That's the trademark of the S8. And trust me, it sounds worlds different than the Bose stereo, I've done a test side by side at the dealer before deciding on coughing up 7K for that thing. When you do decide to sell or trade in, having that B&O will definitely make the sale more attractive.

Full leather is pointless- It won't have any impact on resale value. It is nice though, I've also seen it back to back and I decided that 5k for leather on the dash and door panels wasn't worth my cash. Plus, I hear that leather dashboards are hard to maintain if you live in a sunny/hot place.

If you want to save some money, do it on the leather upgrade but don't skip the stereo.

Quick Reply: Ordering an S8 - Questions