A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Audi S8 (D3) How To Play Spotify Best Quality How???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Audi S8 (D3) How To Play Spotify Best Quality How???

I just recently purchased a 2008 Audi S8 with the Bang & Olufsen system. I would like to know what are the best options to listen to Spotify in my car with the highest quality sound (preferably wirelessly) . I have spoke with a couple of car audio places and some mentioned isimple that uses a radio station to connect. Another person mentioned NAV TV. I was curious if someone here has suggestions on which platform is better (high quality). Appreciate any feedback
Old 06-10-2018, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Probably just your simple 3.5mm MMI cable. Bluetooth is the 2nd best. Then the horrible FM transmitter.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Try this
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2951027&page=1
Cheers,
Louis
Old 06-10-2018, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tstealth32
Probably just your simple 3.5mm MMI cable. Bluetooth is the 2nd best. Then the horrible FM transmitter.
+1, the best quality would be to use a 3.5mm to AMI plug. I would never even try a FM transmitter setup on a B&O system.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Necromancer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Search This Forum For WMA1000

Originally Posted by ao500000
I just recently purchased a 2008 Audi S8 with the Bang & Olufsen system. I would like to know what are the best options to listen to Spotify in my car with the highest quality sound (preferably wirelessly) . I have spoke with a couple of car audio places and some mentioned isimple that uses a radio station to connect. Another person mentioned NAV TV. I was curious if someone here has suggestions on which platform is better (high quality). Appreciate any feedback
...or don't
Old 06-10-2018, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

High quality and wireless are mutually exclusive. Still, an input jack, as mentioned, is your highest quality. The A8 does not have factory bluetooth music capability no matter what you do, so an aftermarket piece is necessary. I think the AMI might have had a wireless dongle for music at one point available, but I don't think it was offered long.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Back axle behind the ears

I use this, it's ok...
Sound quality if good, just sometimes it doesn't remember the last tune playing when you get back in the car...
I listen to music on my iPhone on shuffle usually so it's not that much of a nuisance... Although it has been behaving itself lately if you use the car controls to control your phone rather than your phone itself...

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-11-2018, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mixja23
I use this, it's ok...
Sound quality if good, just sometimes it doesn't remember the last tune playing when you get back in the car...
I listen to music on my iPhone on shuffle usually so it's not that much of a nuisance... Although it has been behaving itself lately if you use the car controls to control your phone rather than your phone itself...

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Wireles.../dp/B00B52LLJ6

That's what I use too. Came with the car so I didn't research anything, but it sounds pretty good
Old 06-12-2018, 12:51 AM
Back axle behind the ears

Originally Posted by pelletman
That's what I use too. Came with the car so I didn't research anything, but it sounds pretty good
Best you'll get for the money I think...
I'm sure how it stacks up against the more expensive options like the Denison Gateway etc but I don't really see what the improvement would be tbh, it plays music via BT and you can control the music on your phone from the car and steering wheel controls... What more could you want...??!
My car has bluetooth for calls anyways but even if you didn't, the output from the call should come out thru the Bovee anyways...
Old 06-12-2018, 07:08 AM
Necromancer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Maybe or Maybe Not

Originally Posted by Jack88
High quality and wireless are mutually exclusive. Still, an input jack, as mentioned, is your highest quality. The A8 does not have factory bluetooth music capability no matter what you do, so an aftermarket piece is necessary. I think the AMI might have had a wireless dongle for music at one point available, but I don't think it was offered long.
BT MAY add compression to already compressed source files or then again not. If both the source and sink devices support the codec used to encode the original audio signal, the audio may be transmitted and received without alteration. Thus, if you're listening to MP3 or AAC files that you have stored on your smartphone, tablet, or computer, Bluetooth doesn't have to degrade the sound quality if both devices supports that format. You will have no control over the codec used to compress by Spotify, so who knows? Personally, I just use a USB stick and AAC for best quality repro.

Quick Reply: 2008 Audi S8 (D3) How To Play Spotify Best Quality How???