A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quartz Gray with Amaretto interior?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quartz Gray with Amaretto interior?

Yes or no? I like the black leather with the Quartz, but I prefer the distinctive sycamore wood grain of the amaretto package over the walnut that comes with black. I've seen pictures of amaretto leather with Quartz on the A6 and it looks pretty good. Amaretto will be a little harder to take care of than black, though. I wish we could mix and match leather and wood like other markets can. I saw a picture of an Australian A8 that had black leather with light birch wood and it was striking.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It is very interesting to go to the different country's Audi sites..

..and try the configurator. The options for USA, UK and Australia are surprising in their differences.

I wonder if one could "special order" any of the not-country-specific (things other than left- or right-side steering, for example) options? I know one can order some non-standard colors and some interiors..but those are listed as "available options", while these other things (like different wood (AU only) are not even showing in the US or UK.

???

Eric
Old 03-21-2007, 04:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default BMW did something like this for me

My dealer made a special request to have a black dash and upper door trim installed instead of brown with my Sand leather interior...this was a European and Canadian option, but not listed in the US. The factory made the switch at no charge. As long as I am requesting one of the US market "standard" wood interiors, one would think that the Audi factory should be able to do a similar switch with minimal effort.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If they can do special order exterior using standard Audi paints, they should be able to do special

order interiors using standard Audi trims. I'm sure they ask for more money but you get what you want. $2500 is a fair price for customized trim.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LOL, you obviously haven't seen Audi Exclusive pricing for upgraded interiors!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I didn't say it was gonna come cheap.

I merely said $2500 was fair, anymore is absurd. If they can charge me only $2500 for paint why can't they charge me $2500 for interior which all they have to do is install. It's not like it's a 1 off and making it from scratch. It's already in the parts bin which if anything is only a couple more steps away in the assembly line for other markets.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That is the combination I have - I love it and get many admiring comments

Amaretto is not particularly hard to keep clean
Old 03-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Yes, from your picture poster I can understand why

Do you have any more pictures you can post? Also, do you have perforated leather? If so, are there special cleaning considerations? How often do you clean your leather to keep it looking good?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Re: Quartz Gray with Amaretto interior?

I have the Amaretto interior,with night blue, and I love it. I actually wanted the black interior, but it was not offered with night blue when I placed my order June 2006. However, my SWB was delivered as a 2007 model, and it turns out that amaretto and night blue was an acceptable combo in 07. However, I'm glad Audi "forced" me to go with amaretto.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Audi Exclusive program wood options

I agree, the Sycamore is more dramatic than the Walnut that is usually installed with Black interiors.

You might consider a special order through the Exclusive program. Here are some of your choices:

For $2,183:
Fine Grain Myrtle Nutmeg (Rich Brown)
Quilted Maple Gold (Fine Gold Brush pattern)
Fine Grain Ash Nougat (Dark)
Fine Grain Maple Copper (Rich Reddish Brown)
Oak Sepia (Dark, heavy grain)
Poplar Saffron (Beige-Gold w/ Dark Swirls)
Piano Finish Black (Solid Black)

For $2,838:
Fine Grain Maple Copper with Dark Intarsia strip inlay
Poplar Saffron with Dark Intarsia strip inlay

European configurators also mention a "Vavona Bernstein" which looks like the Poplar Saffron but I'm not sure if it is in fact the same or if it is available in the US.

Also available are a matching wood gear lever **** ($451) and matching 4-spoke wood/leather multifunction steering wheel ($1,135 - not available with heating)

I can imagine that for a similar fee you can swap out the standard Walnut for any of the other available standard US finishes.

Source: Audi Exclusive Price List

Quick Reply: Quartz Gray with Amaretto interior?