A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuesday Topic: Safety

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuesday Topic: Safety

This week I love my car, because I feel like it really protects my family from the evils of the road. Knowing that no matter how careful & defensive of a driver that I am, there could be some nut on the road that isn't paying attention.

With the active safety systems which include: anti-lock braking system (ABS), traction control (ASR), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Electronic Differential Lock (EDL). Together with the passive safety features, I feel like I am well protected. Heck, even my knees have an airbag!

Now... I'm going to get a little mushy on you.

Before the day is over, hug your spouse/sig. other, and kids, pets, etc. and let them know how much they mean to you.

Sadly, this will be my last post for the next several weeks I'll be undergoing major surgery Wednesday morning. I was told to plan on a week in the hospital, however, there's no wireless, so I wont be able to post anything good while under the influence of painkillers

Behave yourselves, and don't have too much fun without me!

One more thing - I accidently came across the Audi Lexicon resource one day - just thought I would pass it on.<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/lexicon#101">Audi Lexicon</a></li></ul>
Old 11-02-2004, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Tuesday Topic: Safety

Be safe, be well, be back soon
Old 11-02-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Lexicon

I am now expanding my Audi vocabulary as we speak! Vorsprung durch Technik

My prayers are with you in the difficult week ahead
Old 11-02-2004, 02:41 PM

Take Care and recover quickly
Old 11-02-2004, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Audi Lexicon of Optional Safety Systems

Gina, get well soon. Here is something to make you smile.
------------------------------------------------------
Audi Lexicon of Optional Safety Systems

ABAS - Adaptive Bubba Avoidance System

ABAS is a safety enhancement for Audi drivers who frequently come into close contact with redneck drivers who pose a danger to others on the roadways. The ABAS has a proximity detection feature which can detect rapid changes in angular momentum of nearby vehicles and apply brakes or advance the accelerator depending on the threat. This option also has cockpit voice warnings that recommend evasive action such as lane changes (backseat driver is not required). Audi drivers who have this option may be eligible for a discount on their Collision portion of their auto insurance policy.

BALIS - Blood Alchohol Level Ignition Switch

BALIS is a safety enhancement that is included with the Personal Refrigerator option on the 2005 A8L W12. Since the inclusion of a refrigerator increases the likelihood that vehicle occupants may be consuming alchoholic beverages, the BALIS system estimates blood alcohol level of the driver by requiring a passing breathalyzer test prior to starting the vehicle. Drinking while driving is dangerous and illegal, obey all laws while operating a vehicle.

CALES - Cockpit Airbag Lower Extremity System

CALES (pronounced SEE-ALICE) is a safety enhancement for male drivers who may be well-endowed. This airbag inflates between the knee airbag and the steering wheel airbag to cushion the male apparatus during a frontal collision. If the airbag stays inflated longer than four hours after an accident, seek medical attention immediately.

PRaFRAS - Public Radio Fund Raising Avoidance System

The PRaFRAS protects drivers from hearing fatigue associated with annual giving campaigns on public radio stations. This system has several modes of operation including:
* Negative Reinforcement Mode - system will tune to the closest Fox News Radio station during fund raising periods (default mode unless another mode is specified).
* Sirius Listener Redirection Mode - if the optional Sirius satellite radio is installed, the system will tune to a campaign-free NPR or PRI station of your choice which can be specified as a preference in the MMI setup.
* Generic Redirection Mode - system will tune to a station previously specified in the MMI setup.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Tuesday Topic: Safety

I'm sure going to try. Thanks
Old 11-02-2004, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Give your nurses hell Gina, make sure they treat you right!
Old 11-02-2004, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Lexicon

Thanks - I'm a nervous wreck, I'll take all the prayers I can get
Old 11-02-2004, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LOL - I'll try... I'm usually so well behaved ;-)
Old 11-02-2004, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

:-)

Quick Reply: Tuesday Topic: Safety