A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCDS Ride Height Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Amiko Tsanava
thank you.

The same problem with my car.
Front left and front right have different heights. That can be noticed when looking at the car from outside.
Front left seems to be lower than front right.
That's why I thought I would need to give there different values.
So, how dod you reset? And why is that process so complicated? Why doesn't it save values at once?
​​​​​​
Are the ride heights still different when the car is running?
Old 05-22-2017, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
Are the ride heights still different when the car is running?
Yes, the same.

And wvery time I turn off the engine and exit my car and close it, I hear sound of air, releasing from the reservoir, somewhere in front of the car.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Just making sure it wasn't a symptom of a failing strut. The air release upon exiting the car is normal operation, just load leveling from you no longer being in the car.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Why so complicated - you are supposed to follow the ride height adj process exactly - do the front left, front right, rear left, rear right and then save all values. Not sure why it took several tries for my car to finally save, except that I cleared all codes before I tried the last time, and it "took." I would suggest trying that. Heights are the same before and after I drive, and also after the initial up/down the car does if I go into ride height adj in VCDS.

The air release when you exit the car is normal.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 91quattro
Why so complicated - you are supposed to follow the ride height adj process exactly - do the front left, front right, rear left, rear right and then save all values. Not sure why it took several tries for my car to finally save, except that I cleared all codes before I tried the last time, and it "took." I would suggest trying that. Heights are the same before and after I drive, and also after the initial up/down the car does if I go into ride height adj in VCDS.

The air release when you exit the car is normal.
I have already tried that. But in vain. Front wheels have different height anyway.
That's why I thought entering different values could help to solve that problem.
I don't know why is that problem at all.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't understand why your wheels would have different heights. The VCDS measurements are independent of the wheels because you are measuring from axle center to bottom of fender rim.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

[QUOTE=Amiko Tsanava;24972294]Front wheels have different height anyway.
QUOTE]

Hello Amiko,

As 91Q touched on, YOUR front measurements should be the same or extremely close, unless you are not preforming the setup on level ground, which it must be, OR you have some front end damage possibly affecting your dimensions.

Last edited by Giovanni Giovino 6.0+6.0TT; 05-22-2017 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mishar
It's much simpler than that and it works in all ride height adjustments (not in the jacking mode), lowered or not. When you exit the car springs are relaxed and lift the car a bit. Suspension reacts by venting some air in order to bring it back to the set level.
mishar hope you still on here or anyone else who can help . Trying to calibrate the suspension and I hit reset learn value .( dummy move) and now on channel one is stuck on wait the. Error occurs . And my two rear tires are low to the ground . Code coming up 01437 I believe (no learn code value )
im stuck
Old 05-31-2017, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Watch the video on Ross-Tech's site under "Common procedures". I think it's in this thread toward the beginning. Welcome and read the sticky please. (+1 to you for searching, at least )
I had to attempt 4-5 times the first time. Do not touch the car, battery charger on providing 10 amps at least, computer should be outside car on a table.
Sometimes it will only accept small (<5mm) changes, you have to do the procedure several times to affect a 30mm drop, for instance.
Switch off ign between attempts. I doubt you've bricked your car (yet)
-Tom
Old 05-31-2017, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aTOMic
Watch the video on Ross-Tech's site under "Common procedures". I think it's in this thread toward the beginning. Welcome and read the sticky please. (+1 to you for searching, at least )
I had to attempt 4-5 times the first time. Do not touch the car, battery charger on providing 10 amps at least, computer should be outside car on a table.
Sometimes it will only accept small (<5mm) changes, you have to do the procedure several times to affect a 30mm drop, for instance.
Switch off ign between attempts. I doubt you've bricked your car (yet)
-Tom
im also using a xtool bag scanner . I was able the first time to go in passed the wait period in channel 1 . Now it gets stuck but I will try it your way atomic .. I have an obdeleven pro scanner coming tomorrow . Could it be the scanner I'm using . I mean I was able to go in before .

Quick Reply: VCDS Ride Height Adjustment