A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCDS Ride Height Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilkhustle
im also using a xtool bag scanner . I was able the first time to go in passed the wait period in channel 1 . Now it gets stuck but I will try it your way atomic .. I have an obdeleven pro scanner coming tomorrow . Could it be the scanner I'm using . I mean I was able to go in before .
let's say it got bricked . Could it be in-bricked ..
thanks for the help atomic
Old 05-31-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Yes, just do not mess with anything involving "Bootloader"; or really, do not do anything that isn't documented. Take pics of each screen if you make changes.
BUT...
VCDS by Ross-Tech is the way to go. Unbelievable customer support and documentation. Unless you're using the VWAG $50,000 confusing-*** scan tool I doubt you can "change" things; I think if you politely ask for help in the free forum at Ross-Tech (or here on the VCDS forum) they'll at least get you going... I would recommend searching the site(s) here and other Audi forums (fora?) for the exact tool you have, or bite the bullet and get the VCDS. It's worth more than its weight in gold.

Alternatively you could start a new thread or search for VCDS in whatever-the-hell-region-of-Penisylvania you are in the VCDS forums. People tend to want to help other enthusiasts. I've made a lot of beer friends with my VCDS. One of them was a VW trained & employed mechanic who preferred to "pay" me than to use the VWAG tool - free - at the dealer where he worked. (Hear that, Uwe?) (Uwe Ross is the Benevolent Mad Scientist / self-proclaimed Dictator at Ross Tech. He occasionally answers the phone for tech support, constantly works their customer support forums, and is like the Yoda of VW/Audi coding). Funny guy, too.
-Tom
Old 10-28-2017, 03:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is there anyone in the Philadelphia area that is willing to help me with my suspension issues ? My 04Audi A8 L does not have the option to lower or raise in the MMI . It’s says no further information . PLEASE HELP
Old 11-10-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Good morning everyone.

Can you help me with my issue. I have 2008 Audi a8l with 4,2l engine. I recently purchased set of rims and balance rings because of different center bore size
from newer d4 model with brand new tires with higher tread. Originally was 255/40/19 and now is 255/45/19. I have problem with squeaking noise from front suspension on low speed over the potholes and bumps. I'm not sure is that a cause of higher tires or suspension problem for addition I did alignment two weeks ago and on stock rims I never had this problem.

My question is should I lower the measurements during adaptation or play with two 55 in coding to make this problem solved.
My actual measurements on 55 coding is 394mm front 388mm rear, instead of 416 and 398. I tried different settings but with no success. I appreciate any advices. Thank you and have a great weekend guys.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All you have to do is to replace upper control arm bushings. Very common problem on those cars.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

What's the logic behind using software hack to fix mechanical squeaky noise? Why upgrade with different specs of tires? Hacking the suspension using VCDS will introduce another failing variable.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 11-22-2019, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default D3 air ride problem

I have been dealing with an air ride suspension on my 2004 D3 for a long time. Can we please have a dicussion?
Old 02-23-2021, 06:31 PM
546AWHP/ 626AWTQ 4M.5

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Scan tool to adjust ride height 2021 Q7 Premium Plus

Originally Posted by mishar
I've red few instructions but all of them are for ideal case when all is going as planned. Unfortunately it won't go always that way. I will try to give some solutions for those cases. Please fill free to correct me so that we get really useful instruction.

==============================

Factory heights from wheel center to the lower edge of the fender:

Audi A8 D3 standard suspension: 416 mm (front) 398 mm (rear)

To lower or raise it using VCDS:

[Select]
[34 - Level Control]
[Coding - 10]

Stock code is: 0015510 Ride height can be adjusted by changing those 5's. The first one is for the front and the second one for the rear. 4 - 0 will set lower ride for 5 - 25 mm (5 mm per digit). 6 - 9 will set higher ride for 5 - 20 mm. This will change all MMI settings for the same amount. Make your choice than:

[Do It]

To complete this change:

Car on a flat surface, transmission in park, engine running and all doors closed.

Measure in millimeters actual heights from wheel center to the lower edge of the fender and record them:

[Select]
[34 - Level Control]
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 31564
[Do It!]

[Adaption - 10]

Wait until car goes down and up and you get Ready message.

Under Stored Value you will actually have TARGET value. For stock height fronts will always be 416 and rears 398. If you changed those 5's to 4's you will have there 411 and 393 respectively. 3's will give you 406 and 388, 2's 401 and 383, 1's 396 and 378 and finally 0's 391 and 373.

Channel 01 (front left)

Enter the measured value.

[Test]

Unfortunately it won't always accept that value. If you get INVALID message go channel up and back down using arrows and enter value somewhere in between measured and target values. Try first closest to the measured value and repeat until you get VALID message.

[Save]

Repeat this procedure for the rest of wheels. Channel 02 is front right, channel 03 rear left, channel 04 rear right.

Channel 05 (Save)
Key in: 1
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]

If it didn't accept real measured values drive around the block and repeat Adaptation. You can do it few times to get it as close to target heights as possible. There is no point to go with fine tuning better than 2 mm.

Furthermore, it is your car and you are allowed to cheat a bit. By entering higher numbers (not more than a few millimeters) you can lower it exactly where you want it. For example: if Recorded Value is 391 and you key in 394 it will go 3 mm down. Of course if that value is VALID.
What is the best scan tool to do this with?
Old 02-23-2021, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

VCDS
The following users liked this post:
Irvin Fitzgerald (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 03:36 AM
546AWHP/ 626AWTQ 4M.5

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

VCDS HEX-NET is what I have been eyeing. Thry have a few options. This is for my 21 Q7 and the wife's 19 A6, so I assume this will work. https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/hex-net.php

Quick Reply: VCDS Ride Height Adjustment