A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Audi s8 lowering procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I can completely understand both sides of the argument.

Of course VCDS has a lot of information and how to's, it has been around for a long time and has a fantastic support group, fan base, and database. If it were the only option available to me when I was looking for purchase, I would have gone down this road with no hesitation whatsoever.

I already use android products, so the convenience of just having to store a small dongle in my glove box, and having the ability to connect to my car pretty much anywhere and at any time is a big plus, all without having to tote around a laptop, and it's associated accessories, was a big draw to me.

Of course people are going to utilize whatever information they have available to them, hence the reason for them trying to use VCDS info and transpose it to OBDeleven, why reinvent the wheel? Why fix what's not broken? To me, the more people utilizing these tools, regardless of the make/manufacturer, only benefits the community as a whole?

I'm not entirely sure what your issue with Eastern Europe is? But I personally know a lot of very smart people from that region? On par with, it not more so than the US and most "western" regions.

There are no subscription fees or "pay to play" requirements on the pro version, unless you want to utilize the apps section where someone has figured out how to code what you want in advance and provide you with an "easy button". Long coding is always an option and costs nothing more to do.

Technology is changing evermore rapidly every day, and what was (and most of the time still is) the go to for most people in the past is being augmented, or sometimes superseded by newer technology as it emerges. You have to have disrupters at times to bring about change, some people embrace it, others stick to what they know and feel comfortable with, neither one is wrong, just different, and that is ok ☺
The following users liked this post:
09S5 (07-22-2019)
Old 07-05-2019, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

VCDS Hex-Net is a wireless dongle. It works with any device with a web browser and wifi. I've had mine for a few years and in my opinion, it's far superior to obd eleven.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Just ordered from Ross-Tech and will be following the above-posted guide to lower my S8 the 17mm on all 4 corners.
Thanks for the post!
Old 07-24-2019, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking to lowering my A8L via OBD11, do you have pics of yours?
Old 07-25-2019, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Works! I lowered my 2013 A8L 18mm. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2019, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you manage to do this via VCDS or OBDEleven?

It seems like the preferred choice for long coding in VCDS and there are lots of step-by-step guide to lowering via VCDS

but not much via OBDEleven.

Has anyone long coded successfully to lowering D4 S8 via OBDEleven?

if so would you mind sharing a step-by-step guide?

thanks in advance
Old 08-04-2019, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by illlbill
Did you manage to do this via VCDS or OBDEleven?

It seems like the preferred choice for long coding in VCDS and there are lots of step-by-step guide to lowering via VCDS

but not much via OBDEleven.

Has anyone long coded successfully to lowering D4 S8 via OBDEleven?

if so would you mind sharing a step-by-step guide?

thanks in advance
I used OBD11 the process is the exact same.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally bought the Ross Tech Hex so i'm planning on doing the procedure via VCDS.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TuffSeed
I finally bought the Ross Tech Hex so i'm planning on doing the procedure via VCDS.
I've ordered OBD11 myself so I will update you how I get on!
The following users liked this post:
TuffSeed (08-07-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

UPDATE:

There is an additional setting that will prevent your car from auto-lowering at ~30 mph, as well as allow you to raise the suspension while driving at any speed. Standard settings gray out the "raise" button over a certain speed, and are particularly annoying if your car is lowered via the steps above and you would like to keep it raised for an extended period of time (such as city driving with a lot of dips, bumps, ramps, sloped driveways, etc.)

1) Launch the green menu by holding Car + Menu buttons. (If you don't know how to enable or use the green menu, see the main VCDS thread)
2) Go to "car" then "carmenuoperation" menu
3) Scroll down to "suspension"
4) Change the value to "5"
5) Press the center menu **** to save
6) Reboot the MMI (Menu button +Center ****+Top Right soft button)
7) Turn the ignition on/off

Can anyone help me figure out the above? I need to disable the auto-lowering feature after 30mph on my 13' S8.
I opened the Green Menu and did the above steps but the value was already at "5"
So I think i need to go back to VCDS and change something there????

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi s8 lowering procedure?