A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi S8 start up problem !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! My name borat from Kazakhstan, my a8 low fuel light come on. I have replace all fuel injector, high pressure fuel pump, spark plug, transmission and ecu but light still come on. I not interested in your advice about filling tank with gas. I will swap engine on Monday.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 581 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by Direwulff
Hello! My name borat from Kazakhstan, my a8 low fuel light come on. I have replace all fuel injector, high pressure fuel pump, spark plug, transmission and ecu but light still come on. I not interested in your advice about filling tank with gas. I will swap engine on Monday.

Without a full scan with VCDS or similar tool, this is a waste of time and (more of) your money to pursue many guesses to what the issue may be. Please get a scan and report back.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi S8 problem solved

Hello ! Yes , my problem
was solved permanently, I have changed both of HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMPS (079127025AK)... now 3 months ago !!
The following users liked this post:
Luis Trevino (05-03-2021)
Old 05-08-2017, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kozlovee
Hello ! Yes , my problem
was solved permanently, I have changed both of HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMPS (079127025AK)... now 3 months ago !!
Thanks for the update, taking my car to an independent because the Audi dealer here in Greensboro, NC didn't find any issues just did an ECM update and I'm having same exact issue as you.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Direwulff
Borat? From Kazakhstan? I sense we have a comedian in our midst. Go troll somewhere else Borat.. Off Topic is a good place for you..
Attached Images   
Old 09-13-2017, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the post.

I have a 2012 A8L and I too am having this problem.

The video you posted was spot on. This is exactly what my A8 is doing.

And like you, when I reported this problem to the dealership, the mechanic had no clue what to do for it other than to report that it was running rich.

My big mistake, I haven't purchased a VAG COM yet.

I'll take this info to the stealership and have them replace the same component.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello, i have exatly the same simptomes on my 2013 s8. Car is running rich mixture and unable to start an run good idle to the point that misfires. I’ve replaced fuel pumps with sensors, oil separotor, sparks, coils, car software. Has the problem only on idle. The only thnig left is the injectors but i wont change then before i am sure. Any suggestions?
Old 01-04-2018, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I also changed the 4 oxygen sensors with no luck.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check this post. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...2903421/page7/
I had a similar issue, it wasn't resolved until the dealer replaced both high pressure pumps. They replaced many other parts up to that point. I haven't had an issue since. Considering the possible language confusion, sounds like the same issue.
Funny thread though.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You can’t even imagine what ended to be my problem! Air leak of course but from where? It turns out that one of my turbos was in very bad condition. Enormous shaft play. But still running no smoke etc. The shaft and bearing tolerances were so big that the air leak was from the turbo bearing through the return oil to the sump and messing up with the sump ventilation system running rich mixtures ruining with the idle... how about that??
I am only grateful that I did not send the car to the dealer but done it my garage. I am pretty sure they would replace everything that you can think off and finally the engine itself probably

Quick Reply: Audi S8 start up problem !!!