A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this car making me obsessive...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Is this car making me obsessive...?

So washed my car on Sunday and it was looking all spick and span but I'm away for a boys weekend tomorrow and wanted the car to look good and noticed earlier a bit of road dirt on the sides at the bottom. So I'm just back inside from washing the car by the light of a head torch as it was dark by the time I got home from work. 😁
​​​​​​

Thankfully my wife isn't home so I'll not get grief about it but I am starting to wonder if this car is making me obsessive 😂😂
Old 11-01-2018, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hilarious! At least you've acknowledged the first step in the Audi 12-step recovery (We admit we are powerless over our obsession)
Old 11-01-2018, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice. If it makes you feel any better, I take photos of my S8 when I happen to see it parked with just the right lighting. I intend to share with my wife or friends until I realize how ridiculous that is and just keep them for myself - in case someone asks the question "so what kind of car do you drive?". So, I've reconciled my obsession with cars in general. It's okay. Just the way some people are wired.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:16 PM
D4 in PA

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

To answer your question... YES. It's done the same to me. Since motoring home across the state of Pennsylvania on May7th with my CPO'd '15 4.0, There hasn't been a day gone by when I don't think about what could be cleaned, vacuumed, polished, upgraded, reconfigured, shined, augmented, opened, sealed, or otherwise just kept pristine. AND this carried over to while I was on a 12-day motorcycle jaunt to the Grand Canyon (To VCDS or not).....

Just today I replaced the puddle lamps with logo puddle lamps (see my post). Now I'm ready to buy the Chipwerks tune-up chip. WHAT IS NEXT?? Is there no end??

Oh. Don't tell my wife. She'll want me to "see" someone.

Last edited by TinyElviss; 11-01-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davey_b
So washed my car on Sunday and it was looking all spick and span but I'm away for a boys weekend tomorrow and wanted the car to look good and noticed earlier a bit of road dirt on the sides at the bottom. So I'm just back inside from washing the car by the light of a head torch as it was dark by the time I got home from work. 😁
​​​​​​

Thankfully my wife isn't home so I'll not get grief about it but I am starting to wonder if this car is making me obsessive 😂😂
I'm so glad that it's not just me... Hey everybody...my name is Randy...and I'm an Audi-holic!
Old 11-01-2018, 12:56 PM
D4 in PA

Originally Posted by bracchus
I'm so glad that it's not just me... Hey everybody...my name is Randy...and I'm an Audi-holic!
Hi, Randy ..........
Old 11-01-2018, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's now 9pm here and I am just about to go out in the nearly freezing night and hoover and dust the inside. Totally normal A8 behavior by the sounds of things 👍
Old 11-01-2018, 01:06 PM
D4 in PA

It's now 9pm here and I am just about to go out in the nearly freezing night and hoover and dust the inside. Totally normal A8 behavior by the sounds of things 👍
It is my duty to inform you that if you do not start dusting upon each and every entry/exit of your vehicle, you may be subject to fines and/or dismissal from the group. Might I suggest keeping an extra (OK, 2 extra) microfiber cloths (typically used for eyeglasses) in the car...one in the door pocket and the other under the arm rest (where would I get such an idea?).
Old 11-01-2018, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TinyElviss
It is my duty to inform you that if you do not start dusting upon each and every entry/exit of your vehicle, you may be subject to fines and/or dismissal from the group. Might I suggest keeping an extra (OK, 2 extra) microfiber cloths (typically used for eyeglasses) in the car...one in the door pocket and the other under the arm rest (where would I get such an idea?).
Yeah I have such cloths in said arm rest pocket and often use them when stopped at a traffic light. We're all frieks !! 😳
Old 11-01-2018, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah I have such cloths in said arm rest pocket and often use them when stopped at a traffic light. We're all frieks !! 😳
Whew! I'm​​​​I'm not alone!

Quick Reply: Is this car making me obsessive...?