A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D5 Rendering

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Default D5 Rendering

Based upon the spy and camouflage photos, I think this rendering will prove pretty darn close to reality.
Attached Thumbnails D5 Rendering-img_0639.png  
Old 04-08-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Probably more realistic than the concept version. This bares much more resemblance to the direction Audi has been heading.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 717 Likes on 506 Posts

Yes the rendering looks generally to be close to the basic design concept, but I imagine the real deal will look much more refined, especially in terms of the lower front facia. There is also a chance that the aftward rear door seams will be minimized with the doors completely closing over the rear wheel arches similar to the Panamera---no longer a door/body seam mating up above the arches.

BTW, here is a pic of the rear tail light treatment (may be a photoshop, not sure). The full upper light bar (also similar to the new Panny) is a confirmed detail. Wonder if there could be an OLED light option (like the Prologue) to further refine the rear lights?
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2017, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Spy shots

Autoblog post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks like a longer car than the last gen, but I think that's a visual trick thanks to a narrower rear pillar. On close inspection, the dimensions and lines look very close to the current gen, with the exterior looking more like a facelift 2.0 than a completely new design. I'm curious to see what they did with interior, though, because I wasn't a fan of the prologue design.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea that looks a LOT like the '15 refresh.

(Interior & tech is where the big changes will be obviously.)
Old 04-11-2017, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2018 Audi A8 caught without camo - Autoblog

Jury is still out.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hmmmm....
Attached Thumbnails D5 Rendering-audi-a8-2-copy-1.jpg   D5 Rendering-2018-audi-a8-saloon-carscoops.jpg   D5 Rendering-audi-a8-6-copy-1.jpg  
Old 04-11-2017, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Hmmmm....
I posted the autoblog link that contains those pics in the D3 forum.

Opinions? Thoughts? Love it? Hate it?

Do you think enough changed? It is reportedly going to be MASSIVELY different on the inside than the D4.

I posted this in the D3 forum because the chrome strip that is running along the body, as well as the "butt" and it's lines/indentations remind me of the big butt on the D3 that I love. I love the way the lights are connected in a simple straight line.

Another thing that sticks out to me alot is the rear doors. They are now connected and integrated into the rear wheel arches. This looks like it's going to add lots of room to the back seat, as well as making getting in/out easier in either Wheelbase configuration.

Also makes the car look larger. This particular car looks to be a LWB.

I believe this, like A8s before it, will pursue a clean, timeless, sleek design that will age wonderfully for decades to come. I CANNOT wait to see the interior and features.

(As long as they don't overdo it with gimmick electronics like the tablets and BS gesture control on the new 7 series. What a ridiculous joke.)

Old 04-12-2017, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TeamHate
It is reportedly going to be MASSIVELY different on the inside than the D4.
Yes (see below pics for direction of the new interior design)

...the chrome strip that is running along the body, as well as the "butt" and it's lines/indentations remind me of the big butt on the D3 that I love. I love the way the lights are connected in a simple straight line.
That chrome strip along the body crease will not be there (it's something they put on the test car to confuse/deflect the eye from the real deal---did the same thing on D4 "final" test cars). Yes, the bar connecting the rear lights will add a nice appearance (similar to the new Panamera).

Another thing that sticks out to me alot is the rear doors. They are now connected and integrated into the rear wheel arches. This looks like it's going to add lots of room to the back seat, as well as making getting in/out easier in either Wheelbase configuration. Also makes the car look larger...
Yes, rear door/wheel arch seams will be eliminated with the rear doors closing over the arches (again, similar to the Panamera design). Not sure that this will add any room to the back seat or affect ingress/egress since the wheel arch is still there. I believe the car itself is stretched another inch or so, mainly the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails D5 Rendering-audi-q8-sport-concept-2017-geneva-auto-show_100594659_l.jpg   D5 Rendering-new_audi_mmi_touch_2016_2017_system.jpg  

Quick Reply: D5 Rendering