A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest D4 cannot rip CDs

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest D4 cannot rip CDs

OK, this started on another thread, but there were several discussions going on.

I have a 2014 8L with the normal Bose system and MMI.

I have VCDS and have enabled the extra menu, which refers to itself as the "green menu"

Now, everything I have read says to enable CD Import (ripping) to the Jukebox you do this:

Enable Import CDs to MMI's HD
[Hidden menu]
Main/Diagnose/Settings
Import Media
Set to 4 of 4 "Copy/Ripping"

I have seen the screen shots where this item is a single line and by turning the **** you can set it to a value of 4.

In my car, and several others have reported the same, there are 2 lines with just a box, one for Rip, and one for Copy. There is no way to set a value other than the box filled or empty.

This 4 of 4 stuff is like several other areas where you set a menu to 1 or 5 that tells the system to make the menu visible at rest (1) or at rest and moving (5).

Most of these methods involve more steps, where you enable the device in the cardevicelist (tell the car it really has this device), and then enable the menu in the carmenuoperation (tell the car to display), i.e. in this menu an item with a value of 0 never displays, 1 only displays at rest and 5 seems to display at rest and moving.

So, I'm wondering if there is a device we are missing, or a menu name we are missing to make this work.

Or perhaps, it is locked out by location. What I mean here is on my 2002, I wanted to have the HVAC recirc not timeout after 20 minutes. I had to set the HVAC location to "Japan" for that to work.

Just would like this to work, and need some help or bright ideas.

Thanks, Greg