Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Loyal Audi customer just got F○€ked!!

A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017

Loyal Audi customer just got F○€ked!!

 
Old 05-07-2019, 10:33 AM
  #1  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loyal Audi customer just got F○€ked!!

I've been a loyal Audi customer since '04!! I've had 4 Audi since, '04 A6.. '07 A8L.. '11 A8L and now a '15 A8L 4.0t executive package. The '14 A8 had a fecall and on my way tonget the recall fixed it stalled on me. I assumed it was the coil packs because it was misfiring drastically. So when I called for a tow the check engine light was on. Sadly tobsay it wouldn't start to even get it on the flatbed. When Audi called to tell me why the check engine light was on they tole me the turbos has took a **** and needed replacing. 12k PLUS TAX!!! YEAH!!! I don't have 12k for a car who only has 82k miles and barely driven. So the dealer called to tell me to call Audi of America for assistance. So they did an investigation for 2 weeks these **** told me "unfortunately there is nothing Audi can assist you with at this time." NOW... I've had this Audi for no more than 12 months and only driven on the highway being I have family in Florida and I live near Pa so I have put MAYBE 10K on the car since having. I've made trips to SC, GA and FL since having. Maintained ... car is clean... with blown turbos. 😑... I've never had a issue with my Audi which is why I repeatedly been a loyal customer.. after today.. Audi has left a BAAAAD taste in my mouth due to then having told me to "KISS THEY ***"!! MAYBE I'M JUST THE ONLY CUSTOMER THEY'VE TOLD THAT TO... HOPEFULLY not!!

*just venting*
dadifatsacs is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:46 AM
  #2  
D4 in PA
 
TinyElviss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Beaver Falls, PA
Posts: 363
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Research carefully on this site and follow proper NHSTA complaint procedures and TSB's by VoA.
TinyElviss is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 02:40 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TinyElviss View Post
Research carefully on this site and follow proper NHSTA complaint procedures and TSB's by VoA.
Thank you!🙏🙏
dadifatsacs is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 06:34 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
 
RED HORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SHV
Posts: 360
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dadifatsacs View Post
I've been a loyal Audi customer since '04!! I've had 4 Audi since, '04 A6.. '07 A8L.. '11 A8L and now a '15 A8L 4.0t executive package. The '14 A8 had a fecall and on my way tonget the recall fixed it stalled on me. I assumed it was the coil packs because it was misfiring drastically. So when I called for a tow the check engine light was on. Sadly tobsay it wouldn't start to even get it on the flatbed. When Audi called to tell me why the check engine light was on they tole me the turbos has took a **** and needed replacing. 12k PLUS TAX!!! YEAH!!! I don't have 12k for a car who only has 82k miles and barely driven. So the dealer called to tell me to call Audi of America for assistance. So they did an investigation for 2 weeks these **** told me "unfortunately there is nothing Audi can assist you with at this time." NOW... I've had this Audi for no more than 12 months and only driven on the highway being I have family in Florida and I live near Pa so I have put MAYBE 10K on the car since having. I've made trips to SC, GA and FL since having. Maintained ... car is clean... with blown turbos. 😑... I've never had a issue with my Audi which is why I repeatedly been a loyal customer.. after today.. Audi has left a BAAAAD taste in my mouth due to then having told me to "KISS THEY ***"!! MAYBE I'M JUST THE ONLY CUSTOMER THEY'VE TOLD THAT TO... HOPEFULLY not!!

*just venting*
One of several reasons I traded my S8 for a Porsche.
RED HORSE is offline  
Old 05-08-2019, 10:37 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RED HORSE View Post
One of several reasons I traded my S8 for a Porsche.
You had a turbo issue as well???
dadifatsacs is offline  
Old 05-08-2019, 04:13 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 127
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dadifatsacs View Post
I've been a loyal Audi customer since '04!! I've had 4 Audi since, '04 A6.. '07 A8L.. '11 A8L and now a '15 A8L 4.0t executive package. The '14 A8 had a fecall and on my way tonget the recall fixed it stalled on me. I assumed it was the coil packs because it was misfiring drastically. So when I called for a tow the check engine light was on. Sadly tobsay it wouldn't start to even get it on the flatbed. When Audi called to tell me why the check engine light was on they tole me the turbos has took a **** and needed replacing. 12k PLUS TAX!!! YEAH!!! I don't have 12k for a car who only has 82k miles and barely driven. So the dealer called to tell me to call Audi of America for assistance. So they did an investigation for 2 weeks these **** told me "unfortunately there is nothing Audi can assist you with at this time." NOW... I've had this Audi for no more than 12 months and only driven on the highway being I have family in Florida and I live near Pa so I have put MAYBE 10K on the car since having. I've made trips to SC, GA and FL since having. Maintained ... car is clean... with blown turbos. 😑... I've never had a issue with my Audi which is why I repeatedly been a loyal customer.. after today.. Audi has left a BAAAAD taste in my mouth due to then having told me to "KISS THEY ***"!! MAYBE I'M JUST THE ONLY CUSTOMER THEY'VE TOLD THAT TO... HOPEFULLY not!!

*just venting*
That's some very bad luck. Just have them rebuilt. It'll be much much cheaper than the 12k quoted by the dealer. If you're mechanically inclined, you may be able to even do it yourself for around 2500. Or just pay a good indy shop to do it for you.
Nermb is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 10:58 AM
  #7  
AudiWorld Member
 
RED HORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SHV
Posts: 360
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dadifatsacs View Post
You had a turbo issue as well???
Didn't yet have turbo issues, but didn't like hearing about those who did. PLUS whenever I tried to talk to Audi USA about problems with Audi Connect etc. which I had several, I was told to use T-Mobil or nothing else and when I complained they said "If you can afford an S-8 then you don't need to complain." Pisses me off beyond being angry to be treated like that after just buying their $100,00.00 + car. Then there was the 6 week wait for a fuel tank replacement to be shipped from Germany, then 6 trips back for alleged efforts to fix fuel gauge after it wouldn't work after tank replacement. Then there was the continuing anomalies of the MMI failing to start properly, losing radio presets, price of a brake job, etc. Happier with Porsche. I've always been treated well by them.
RED HORSE is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 01:51 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TinyElviss View Post
Research carefully on this site and follow proper NHSTA complaint procedures and TSB's by VoA.
Excellent long term advice in case this develops into class action or common issue and possibly recovering some amount of money. Since the car is long out of warranty I don't think their is much hope for your individual case.

In the interim, you will either need to rebuild the turbos if damage was not extensive or replace them. Find a good non-dealer shop that does a lot of Audi modifying and has a good reputation and have the work done there for probably 1/2 or less of what a dealer will charge you. Only 1 turbo may need repair.

For how few of these are on the road, seems we have seen several failures which is abnormal.

Most important, I would do your homework and find out how this occurred and correct whatever caused it, this should not happen. Unless you have been taking this to the track and running it on road courses and putting it through hard corners and suffered oil starvation (then you would know) find out what happened so it does not happen again.

Last edited by 1stGOAT; 05-09-2019 at 01:57 PM.
1stGOAT is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 01:04 AM
  #9  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 1stGOAT View Post
Excellent long term advice in case this develops into class action or common issue and possibly recovering some amount of money. Since the car is long out of warranty I don't think their is much hope for your individual case.

In the interim, you will either need to rebuild the turbos if damage was not extensive or replace them. Find a good non-dealer shop that does a lot of Audi modifying and has a good reputation and have the work done there for probably 1/2 or less of what a dealer will charge you. Only 1 turbo may need repair.

For how few of these are on the road, seems we have seen several failures which is abnormal.

Most important, I would do your homework and find out how this occurred and correct whatever caused it, this should not happen. Unless you have been taking this to the track and running it on road courses and putting it through hard corners and suffered oil starvation (then you would know) find out what happened so it does not happen again.
Spoke with Audi service rep and he said himself that both turbos should not have went. I don't drive it at all except for long highway trips or when I had to drive to work. No track racing, hard corners or and definetly kept up on the maintenance.. hell ...my service is due in 500 miles and Audi said I should've hit that number 3 months ago. That's how rare I drive it. My personal mechanic says he can probably rebuild them or get pretty good used ones but I'm like "**** that... I'm done with Audi" after this one!
dadifatsacs is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 09:43 AM
  #10  
AudiWorld Member
 
tx170754's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 553
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

As one who retired from a very well known US OEM corporation in which, most of my time was spent in world wide supplier quality, I can tell you that the turbo Audi supplier royally screed up their [email protected] program related to these turbos, it wouldn’t surprise me if that supplier or that part of their business, is now history. Audi Supply Management and Supplier Quality folks are probably working long hours to fix this since if it escalates out of proportion it may cost them a lot of money...and not only this....
tx170754 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Loyal Audi customer just got F○€ked!!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: