A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New A8L -- mostly software questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New A8L -- mostly software questions

I just bought a CPO 2015 and will take delivery of it in a few days. In the meantime, I want to make some playlists for streaming and ping the group with a couple other questions I didn't see covered previously.

My most recent car is a BMW 550xi, but I'm equally familiar with the interfaces on Lexus, Mercedes, and Jeeps. I liked the BMW the best, but even it was 'random' and cumbersome when trying to use an iPhone as a source.

Some quick questions about the car:

- Is there a most efficient streaming source for playlists between Spotify and Apple Music? (As much as I'd appreciate the improved quality of CD-based tunes or SD tunes -- I threw my CDs out long ago and I was too lazy to burn the music.)
- In my Jeep, I can say, 'Play the Rolling Stones' and it will go to Apple Music and stream top hits. Does this work for any streaming service?
- Audi Connect let's me use Google through Voice Command? That looks massively convenient compared to Siri -- does it work as well as the videos suggest? The Jeeps implementation is frustrating as you never know when Siri's ready to hear your question.

Anyone have any favorite use cases for the MMI they would share? What works great and what doesn't.

Coming from a BMW 550, Mercedes CLS, and Lexus GS/LS -- I'll post impressions here if anyone is interested. This is going to be my first Audi.

Cheers,
Jimmy