A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PL: Breaks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PL: Breaks?

I would like to get rid of the ceramic (bad experience) in my Audi S8+ and replace it with other discs. Does anyone know what discs on the market will fit well?
Old 12-14-2022, 09:54 AM
Super-Duper User

Received 486 Likes on 387 Posts

If you want to downgrade your brakes, you might find some information here. And you might find someone who is interested in your old parts...
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...i-ccb-3037833/
The following users liked this post:
Gitti (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 03:40 PM
W12 Aficionado

Received 607 Likes on 407 Posts

I’ll happily swap your carbon ceramics for my W12 brakes (same as S8 steel brakes) and throw in new pads and rotors. I’ve got a bunch of cars so mine can be down while I send my brakes to you so you can avoid any lengthy downtime
Old 12-15-2022, 12:13 AM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi guys, we are new on the AudiWorld and want to present our service. The service performed at ReDisc d.o.o. is based on an innovative technology that we have been developing for more than 10 years. We are the only company in the world that has its own production line for the refurbishing of heavily worn carbon-ceramic discs. Our products are already known on the market under the name Rebrake GmbH, because they had a license to sell this service and we were their main supplier. But we are not connected nor do we cooperate together anymore. In 2022, we decided to enter the market under our own brand. With the creation of our own sales team, the purchase of new production facilities and updated technology, we registered the new Redisc trademark. Our aim is to make carbon-ceramic discs available to a wider group of drivers, in a more affordable way, and to save existing users money on their vehicle maintenance.
So for all of you, who are dealing with worn out ceramic disc, we can refurbish them for way less that cost the new one.

You can find more info on https://www.redisc.si/en/ or PM us here.

web: www.redisc.si
mail:sales@redisc.si
phone: +386 31 561 725
OberklasseA8 (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 155 Likes on 130 Posts
Thumbs up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@Redisc That is awesome! Link saved, will reach out when needed.
Redisc (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by A8L_New_England
If you want to downgrade your brakes, you might find some information here. And you might find someone who is interested in your old parts...
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...i-ccb-3037833/

Awww Thank you Bro!!!
Old 12-15-2022, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gitti
I would like to get rid of the ceramic (bad experience) in my Audi S8+ and replace it with other discs. Does anyone know what discs on the market will fit well?
If you mind isnt already made, you can replace just the pads front and back for waaay cheaper then you think...

How many miles does the car have? Did you experience a ceramic disk failure? Unless you have over 200k on the car, or a disc cracked into pieces, or have thousands of track miles, I am not sure other then some type of price shock of what this bad experience could have been..

Let it all out bud, we are here for you..

PS..
@034Motorsport mentioned on youtube that the factory ceramic calipers might fit with steel rotors, but the piston size and other specs could be different and should be verified and not assumed. Compared to the factory steel counterpart.. I would do the home work for sure or maybe another thread on here.. someone might have done this already..

Old 12-29-2022, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by OberklasseA8
If you mind isnt already made, you can replace just the pads front and back for waaay cheaper then you think...

How many miles does the car have? Did you experience a ceramic disk failure? Unless you have over 200k on the car, or a disc cracked into pieces, or have thousands of track miles, I am not sure other then some type of price shock of what this bad experience could have been..

Let it all out bud, we are here for you..

PS..
@034Motorsport mentioned on youtube that the factory ceramic calipers might fit with steel rotors, but the piston size and other specs could be different and should be verified and not assumed. Compared to the factory steel counterpart.. I would do the home work for sure or maybe another thread on here.. someone might have done this already..
​​​​
Calipers is not a problem, but the discs are what I like to replace. They dont work on the rain weather and I am still afraid they gonna crack at some point. My mileage is 40000.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:51 PM
W12 Aficionado

Received 607 Likes on 407 Posts

You have to have pads that are compatible with steel rotors so you will need to change both. Finding a pad that fits in the carbon calipers may prove a challenge along with finding the correct size rotors
Old 12-29-2022, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I know. I was hoping somebody may know what fits the best

Quick Reply: PL: Breaks?