A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plenum Panel Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 2turbos4rings
Where is Michigan are you by chance?

Also don’t feel too overwhelmed by owning the car. They really don’t require much more than a little periodic attention. The return on investment is big though
SE Michigan. Oakland County
Old 05-01-2023, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

I think the car I bought used in January has never seen the outdoors other than while driving. I think it was a garage kept commercial transportation vehicle. I think the old bird is getting a Michigan wake up call that has already included getting her *** kicked by turkeys on two sides of the car, covered with 8" of snow, and just driving on Michigan roads (which suck and are always and I mean always under construction).

Michigan is the kind of place where they spend 2 years working on a 5 mile stretch of highway or road and they start the next project not on the other side of town to give people a break but right at the end of the last thing they did. And/or they just finish a project and tanker of fuel blows up on a bridge and they have to start over. We did that twice now in the last 7 years or so.
Old 06-29-2023, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soapy water helps.

Thanks to DallasDave for the videos. This definitely helped! Take some soapy water on a microfiber towel and push down slightly across the top to get the soapy solution in the track. Take the side panels off to give you more room. The problem is you need to lift this straight up at the top (windshield side) and there is no good way to do this, I used a putty knife to make sure both corners of the rubber edges were unstuck. Then I used a big screwdriver to pry up on the corner (I started at the drivers side), it took a little work up I got that to move straight up and from there I could get my hand under the panel and lift it up a little at a time toward the passenger side until it was up. I cleaned it up and put silicone spray in the track so I could get in easier the next time.