A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger and ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Pulled the trigger and ordered!

Finalized my order today for a new D4 A8 LWB. Will take delivery in October 2010.

Added options:
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Rear Seat Comfort Package
LED Headlights
Thermal/Night Vision Assistant
Dual Pane, Acoustic/Break Resistance Glass
Bang and Olufsen Sound System

Color will be Phantom Black with Nougat Brown Interior.

Fell in love with this car the first moment I saw it!

Currently drive a 2008 A6 4.2 (Phantom Black/Black Interior, with lots of added options......anyone interested in a used A6 with only 26,000 miles?

I'm excited to say the least!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Should have mentioned.....I live in Iowa, (Midwest, USA).
Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Great to hear man you added a ton of options. Those options must have alone cost more than a normal everymans car lol. How much did it run you total?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Brozee
Great to hear man you added a ton of options. Those options must have alone cost more than a normal everymans car lol. How much did it run you total?
To tell you the truth I don't know the cost yet! I'm crazy I know but pricing won't be released until close to delivery. My dealer estimated 95-100k with all the options. Hopefully she's close!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by Scothawk
To tell you the truth I don't know the cost yet! I'm crazy I know but pricing won't be released until close to delivery. My dealer estimated 95-100k with all the options. Hopefully she's close!
You ordered pretty much the same equipment setup (delete the B&O; add Panorama Sunroof)that I'm contemplating when I order my car in December.

I'll take a wild guess the MSRP on your car will be about $104,700. So you're probably right around the high-end of your salesperson's estimate on negotiated/sale price.

Can't wait to see how the Nougat Brown looks in real life.

Congrats!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just curious. The panoramic sunroof.... I'm assuming it can't be opened? Also is their an internal cover that can be drawn over it to block light?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Scothawk
Just curious. The panoramic sunroof.... I'm assuming it can't be opened? Also is their an internal cover that can be drawn over it to block light?
The front roof panel can be opened, while the rear tilted---both have interior covers. According to Audi's press information: "Both sections can be tilted up and the front one also opened extra-wide. Sun blinds are provided for both panels to keep out direct sunlight."
Old 06-16-2010, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The Mercedes S550 with panarama roof...

...has the front panel sliding over the rear panel when opened. I don't beleive the rear panel tilts on the Merc. If it does on the Audi it is a nice feature.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Emauss
...The S550 has the front panel sliding over the rear panel when opened. I don't beleive the rear panel tilts on the Merc. If it does on the Audi it is a nice feature.
According to the info on the AoA press site, the rear does tilt up---so, yes, would be a nice feature for those in the rear seats.

However, they don't say anything about whether the rear panel can be tilted with the front roof panel opened---or for that matter, if the front panel can be fully opened the way the standard sunroof can be opened; the description they provide is: "can be opened extra wide". This doesn't necessarily denote that it completely opens. Will have to see what info comes down the pipeline on this.

Last edited by derfA8L; 06-16-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Dunno if you have seen it, but..

...the Merc looks very "unusual" with the front panel open and over the rear panel. I passed one of the road the other day really had to look twice at it. Velly Intellestink....ugly, but intellestink

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger and ordered!