A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random Pic of your D4 RIGHT NOW

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 06:04 PM
15 A8L TDI, 03 RS6, 01 S4

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

^^ haha that's awesome, don't know if my wife would approve.

But, I have to ask, whats with you pants/shorts...?? haha
Old 03-11-2021, 06:27 PM
W12 Aficionado

Received 609 Likes on 409 Posts

She doesn’t go for it all the time, has to be in a particularly good mood to humor me.

I am but a young man in his twenties and I wear jeans with carefully designed holes in them... ha! Looking homeless is in vogue don’t you know
Old 03-12-2021, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by virtualrc
I agree. The taillights were horrendous. They were wrapped. “Thankfully” I wrecked and totaled that car soon after so I didn’t have to go to the trouble of removing it ;-)
Right. I am debating if I should have it wrapped or sprayed... I've always had my tail lights sprayed but they were on cars & trucks not as nice as this and these tail lights are expensive. Did you have any issues with the wrap and light illuminating through it?

My gut says wrap is the way to go but I don't want to ruin them because of the heat we get here in AZ (120*F over summer). Plus I am not sure if I would be thankful for wrecking the car XD

Originally Posted by 2turbos4rings
Hey Motiv, welcome! I’m sure you’ll love your TDI, my father-in-law ADORES his. Around 120-130k miles and quite trouble-free save for a glow plug.

Funny enough I put a TDI badge on his grille for him. There’s no risk of breaking tabs or damaging anything, you just slide back the two retainers to the rear with a flat head and pull them out then quattro badge can be removed.

I’ll also say that I have no shame.. I make my wife drive me around while I sit in the back on occasion. It’s not quite as comfortable as the D3 4-seater (at least for my frame size I guess, slight change in geometry between the two) but it’s very very comfortable. Recline the seat, pick a massage, maybe a little heat, feet on the foot rest and put a movie on, I have Netflix hooked up in the rear through the AMI. I also keep drinks in the champagne cooler. I kid you not this was a week ago

*edit* tisk tisk, wife on the phone
Thanks! I am actually going to black out the grille somehow... most likely a wrap. Will have the shop do it.

Haha there is no shame in that man! Looks like a great way to enjoy your night with a couple drinks. I'd love to have an A8L TDI fully loaded including executive rear entertainment & comfort package like your father-in-law's but they are like unicorns these days.

If I find one that pop up with low miles, I'll trade it for sure. But for now, I am very happy and impressed with mine. I think these cars are very underrated... if you look past the diesel gate. Glad you hear he has 120K trouble-free miles, I hope my car will be able to treat me the same as long as I do proper maintenance care.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kruat
Love that blue color Kruat!
Old 03-12-2021, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Motivology
I am with you on those two options. I don't find them necessary unless if you live in rural areas with dark roads, then NV makes sense. I do think B&O is overrated - I have Bose in mine and they sound great.

What's included in the Dynamic package? I didn't know they had that package available.
Original sticker from the wealthy person who originally bought my car:
Dynamic Package - $2500
-quattro with sports differential
-Dynamic steering.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Shield
Original sticker from the wealthy person who originally bought my car:
Dynamic Package - $2500
-quattro with sports differential
-Dynamic steering.
Thanks. Didn't know that was available.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:40 AM
W12 Aficionado

Received 609 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by Motivology
Haha there is no shame in that man! Looks like a great way to enjoy your night with a couple drinks. I'd love to have an A8L TDI fully loaded including executive rear entertainment & comfort package like your father-in-law's but they are like unicorns these days.
That’s actually my W12, where all of that good stuff is standard. My father-in-law’s TDI only has a few back seat creature comforts like pano roof, 4-zone climate and the vanity mirrors. Not even rear heated seats and his rear doors don’t even have the storage compartment in the arm rest, I’m not sure what option those would be included in.

The following 6 users liked this post by 2turbos4rings:
A8Fred (02-03-2022), JazzE (07-05-2022), Motivology (03-12-2021), OberklasseA8 (05-02-2021), SilentHatch (01-20-2022), wealth_building_rob (10-15-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-12-2021, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 136 Likes on 106 Posts

2T4R, your car is sick, man. All the bells and whistles- executive limo touches, for sure! My aim is to carry no one other than my wife for any type of distance so backseat creature comforts were and are a non-issue for me. As a matter of course, I also do not ride in the backseat of my own car. On the rare occasion, maybe the passenger seat. But it hasn't happened in this car yet.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:08 AM
Mufasa

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I love the white! looks so good on the A8L
Old 03-12-2021, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 2turbos4rings
That’s actually my W12, where all of that good stuff is standard. My father-in-law’s TDI only has a few back seat creature comforts like pano roof, 4-zone climate and the vanity mirrors. Not even rear heated seats and his rear doors don’t even have the storage compartment in the arm rest, I’m not sure what option those would be included in.

That's right - I believe the W12 is the top trim in the A8L line up with all the bells & whistles.. Also, which package does the ambient lights (the red ones in your photo) come with? I thought mine had it but after seeing your picture, now I am doubting it does because it is not that bright. I do have those lights in the ceiling.

Is there a way to confirm it has it? I do have the window sticker of my car but it doesn't say anything about those ambient lights?

One more thing, is there a way to quickly access the cameras without reversing? I tried looking up via owner's manual and didn't see it, unless I missed it.

The following users liked this post:
JazzE (07-05-2022)

Quick Reply: Random Pic of your D4 RIGHT NOW