A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service due reminder.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service due reminder.

So I have owned this 2016 S8 Plus for a month and a half now and have been contemplating my service strategy. There are no Audi dealers in my town and the nearest one is a little over 3 hours away. Thinking that sticking with and Audi dealer for the service intervals is the best route to eliminate any hassles should something go wrong while under warranty. With only 16,000 miles on the clock it still has some factory warranty left so I'll make the trip and just enjoy the excuse to take a little road trip through the cascade mountains of Oregon... oh darn lol. Anyway I was pleased to find out when I contacted the nearest dealer that upon looking up my VIN number, the first owner ( I am the 2nd) purchased the 5 year 57,000 mile Audi-care package and I'll be getting the next 5 services done under that program... nice!! So next week I take it in for a service and the advisor said there's an open recall on a coolant vent hose that they will take care of at the same time. While I am at the dealership is there anything else I should be asking them or getting them to address? I will be asking about the potential turbo issues and what warranty extension is available, should anything drastic go wrong after the 4 year factory warranty expires. If you guys can think of anything else I ought to address... I'd appreciate the suggestions.

Regards, Mike