A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning options for 4.0T

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuning options for 4.0T

Hi everyone! I just purchased a 2013 Audi A8L with the 4.0T. I see tuning options from APR but nobody else. Are there any other companies out there that offer a performance tuning upgrade for my car?
Old 07-23-2018, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by keepitsimple
Hi everyone! I just purchased a 2013 Audi A8L with the 4.0T. I see tuning options from APR but nobody else. Are there any other companies out there that offer a performance tuning upgrade for my car?
APR, GIAC and Revo seem to be the most popular flash tuners in the states. There are other tuners in Europe. There's also piggyback tuning options like Chipwerke. The mapping isn't as specific as what you can achieve with a flash with regards to reline limiters, top speed, pedal response, etc. but it's effective at allowing more boost from your turbochargers. I haven't used GIAC or Revo but have nothing but positive things to report on APR. I tried out a Chipwerke on my wife's 2.0T A5 and it works. You won't get quite the boost you'd get with a flash but it's also about half the price and can be removed.

I believe that APR is the most popular, has done more extensive testing and errors on the side of caution (instead of trying to squeeze another HP out of the engine) vs. the others but that's purely based on my research. MTM out of Germany is probably a good option too but their resale presence in the states is weak and they are very expensive.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dgbaudiphile
APR, GIAC and Revo seem to be the most popular flash tuners in the states. There are other tuners in Europe. There's also piggyback tuning options like Chipwerke. The mapping isn't as specific as what you can achieve with a flash with regards to reline limiters, top speed, pedal response, etc. but it's effective at allowing more boost from your turbochargers. I haven't used GIAC or Revo but have nothing but positive things to report on APR. I tried out a Chipwerke on my wife's 2.0T A5 and it works. You won't get quite the boost you'd get with a flash but it's also about half the price and can be removed.

I believe that APR is the most popular, has done more extensive testing and errors on the side of caution (instead of trying to squeeze another HP out of the engine) vs. the others but that's purely based on my research. MTM out of Germany is probably a good option too but their resale presence in the states is weak and they are very expensive.
Thats a perfect response, thank you! I am going to go with the APR!
Old 07-24-2018, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by keepitsimple
Thats a perfect response, thank you! I am going to go with the APR!
You will not be disappointed. It's like getting a new car for a grand.
The following users liked this post:
Shield (02-15-2021)
Old 08-02-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Who installs the APR Stage 1 for a grand?

Anyone in the philadelphia area?
Old 08-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PhillyVance
Anyone in the philadelphia area?
www.goapr.com for listings of dealers in your area..
Old 08-03-2018, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I have been to all the dealers in my area, all say 2k.

Smith VW and SP both say the 4.0T flash is 1999.00, the 3.0 Flash is 1300 with 15 percent off till Sunday but no one on the site is flashing for 1k. Do you know who is?
Old 08-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Angry

Originally Posted by PhillyVance
Smith VW and SP both say the 4.0T flash is 1999.00, the 3.0 Flash is 1300 with 15 percent off till Sunday but no one on the site is flashing for 1k. Do you know who is?
No body will flash for 1k. Ive done lots of research and have the APR now.. Im impressed with the stage 1. I wanted to go stage 2 and add the downpipes to my car but APR says they dont have the software for tuning my car with the pipes. No stage 2 tune avail for A8 4.0T... only S8
Old 08-04-2018, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The goapr.com website has the stage 1 tune for the 4.0T on sale for $1,275 right now. Is that what I should expect to pay to a local dealer or is that the cost for the software and the install is additional?
Old 08-04-2018, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are the differences between A8 4.0,S8 4.0,S8 plus? Just a tune or bigger turbos and other stuff?

Quick Reply: Tuning options for 4.0T