A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCDS tweaks for the A8

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLSguy
You know I was thinking the same thing but the LED part of the DRL / turn signal is not associated with the headlights right? No matter the package you still get LED turn / DRL. Every instruction I have come across has not been specifically for the A or S8. Some models were mentioned that if the same lamps are used this feature is not physically possible. Looking into the headlamp it looks like the same LED's are used.
Yes, I think LED turns and DRLs are the same, but then the LED headlight elements completely different. The obscure safety regs that drive the std. settings though are such that they may have to be configured differently by the manufacturer depending on exactly which headlight it is, which model vehicle, etc.--distance to HID bulb and its intensity, vs. distributed LED headlight elements each dimmer and closer in to where the DRL + turn strip is, as examples of what matter. I can't even remember a post where they talked about LED headlights vs. HIDs as part of setting this up, yet the history of the mod goes way back into Q5's, earlier D4 A8's and probably lots of others from the R8 origins where DRL+turn started getting integrated w/ headlight unit.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys,

Can I use VCDS to check battery health? I was watching some video on this via YouTube but I was wondering how accurate it is.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey guys,

Can I use VCDS to check battery health? I was watching some video on this via YouTube but I was wondering how accurate it is.
The battery health things in A8's have never been particularly accurate.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts

Hey guys,

Doesn't tell you much of anything. Single biggest correlator is age. If more than 3 years old and any letdowns, I find it best to just get a new one. Far better than a breakdown in a God forsaken place, middle of night, storm, etc. If you want a real check, need to get it load tested, which is not either a car or VCDS type check.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was trying to access this menu as pictured. Groups 18 - 20 of the measuring blocks. Mine were greyed out. Maybe I was in the wrong module.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Set ADS to specific preset Comfort, Auto, Dynamic or Individual?
there are also efficiency and race modes but I don't know how they differ from Comfort and/or dynamic. Thoughts?
Old 04-04-2017, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Can one of you gentleman with a 15+ A/S8 verify you can access the measuring blocks in the Can gateway (19)? I have the older UDS (pre-facelift?) system and the procedure is different for the battery coding and I believe this is why my measuring blocks are greyed out. Specifically as pictured above, 18 - 20.

I was able to find some info poking around but not what I was exactly looking for. I went under basic and there are tabs to select the battery info I am trying to find but I am unclear on how to view it at this point... lol. VCDS is a hell of a lot more confusing then Toyota Techstream ever was. Too bad the procedures are different based on ECU type.

Link

Last edited by LexusLSguy; 04-04-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALA

Anyone willing to share how they enabled Active Lane Keep Assist?

(2013 A8L 4.0, with ACC and lane keep assist)

No module 44 access not sure if it's required for D4.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by odgreenboy
Anyone willing to share how they enabled Active Lane Keep Assist?

(2013 A8L 4.0, with ACC and lane keep assist)

No module 44 access not sure if it's required for D4.
If your car did not come with it, I don't think it can be enabled. It's a matter of hardware, active lane assist means there is a mechanism for the car to steer itself to a degree, a mechanism that without the car already having active lane keep assist it would have no reason to even be equipped with.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

Originally Posted by Jack88
If your car did not come with it, I don't think it can be enabled. It's a matter of hardware, active lane assist means there is a mechanism for the car to steer itself to a degree, a mechanism that without the car already having active lane keep assist it would have no reason to even be equipped with.
I believe all vehicles with electromechanical power steering (like mine) can enable this feature. Although some may require retro fit of camera, steering stalk, and/or modules.

I think I found all of the coding and adaptations in VCDS except the one normally associated with 44. The question is whether 44 is required or the option was available in different module in 2013.

Maybe MP+4.2+6 can share?

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0

3. Active lane assist: Used AZ general VCDS post source for current C bodies that I printed various pages out of. Only one reference in passing as I recall. Function documented with gen 2 Q7 IIRC, but nothing about mod choices since it is just assumed in the cars with the feature. I have held off publishing for D4. Most recent test a week ago was with rainy pavement on freeway. I didn't like results. Not sure if rain related or the settings. Needs more work and thought, esp. with a safety system and possible other family drivers who could use my car--since it stays on or off per last setting instead of shutting off with every drive cycle. I get the point/factory set up about the late setting cutting off drift out of lane with inattention or whatever. But with early switched on as I have it coded, car wants to stay close to on center yet you have to keep hands at least loosely on wheel or it fully disengages in 20 or 30 seconds. So you can get into a fight about who's in charge. Obviously defeats lane positioning too like if you hang left to see around an SUV or truck, some other part of lane for potholes, water, whatever. Since it corrects more often in early, I don't like how it makes steering feel squirelly as it gives you the feedback. For full lane drift, I get it, but for judgment call in lane generally, distracting. I need to look at the wheel feedback settings more (can be altered too). Can vary some, but not with different settings depending on early vs. late menu choice. Better set up for me would be some wheel feedback vibration with late, but not with early given the momentary steering squirrelly baloney.

Quick Reply: VCDS tweaks for the A8