A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What tires are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running on Hankook S1 Evo2 255/45R19 on my 2012 Audi A8L W12. They are very good tires great grip and very comfortable.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cleex024
anyone have any experience with the new continental dws 06 tires? Looking to get those next but wanted to get a really quiet tire...tirerack have quietness to the new Pirelli p zero a/s+ but if they are both equally quiet would like to go with the dws as they are better rated in snow

I've run the DWS 06 for about 25,000 miles now and they are done. I knew I had to have one or two coming apart as the shakes are getting pretty severe. Sure enough, rotated the tires this weekend and have one tire completely worn out in the center like its been severely over-inflated, which is not the case. I'm sure I've had a belt come apart inside. 3 tires range from 5-6/32" of tread left and one is 2/32" and down to the bar in the middle only! It starts shaking so bad up around 80 you know its going to come apart, so they need changed like now! Plus, they have gotten so noisy you'd swear there is a wheel bearing going out. Which there is not because when I switch out to my other Conti summer tires and 10 spoke wheels the car runs smooth and quiet, I just don't like the look of my 10 spokes and hate having the $350 a piece summer tires only go 15-20K miles, so I don't run them much if ever.

Never liked the DWS 06 from the start really. Coming off a set of GoodYear Sports the Conti DWS 06 was mushy feeling and vague. They'd hydroplane in the water and were not nearly as good in the winter as the reports on Tire Rack. I know I'll never buy another set again, that is certain.

So now I have to decide to try the N-Spec Michelin in a 275-40-20, which I'm sure will be great being a N-Spec, go back to the Good Year Sport I liked with the exception of the out of round ones I received from Tire Rack earlier, or try the cheaper Yokohama Parada Spec-X which have good reviews but have not seen anyone mention here at all.

One thing is for certain, Audi's finicky and weak suspension bushings and components will let you know if your tires are not round or are not balanced perfectly! Man I get sick of the tire issues with these things, Its my biggest complaint, with Audi vehicles, they beat the crap out of tires! My Chevy truck can run cheap tires that last for 80 thousand plus miles and do it without shaking itself silly! Asking half that from a heavier Audi Quattro is just unheard of.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KnappAttack
I've run the DWS 06 for about 25,000 miles now and they are done. I knew I had to have one or two coming apart as the shakes are getting pretty severe. Sure enough, rotated the tires this weekend and have one tire completely worn out in the center like its been severely over-inflated, which is not the case. I'm sure I've had a belt come apart inside. 3 tires range from 5-6/32" of tread left and one is 2/32" and down to the bar in the middle only! It starts shaking so bad up around 80 you know its going to come apart, so they need changed like now! Plus, they have gotten so noisy you'd swear there is a wheel bearing going out. Which there is not because when I switch out to my other Conti summer tires and 10 spoke wheels the car runs smooth and quiet, I just don't like the look of my 10 spokes and hate having the $350 a piece summer tires only go 15-20K miles, so I don't run them much if ever.

Never liked the DWS 06 from the start really. Coming off a set of GoodYear Sports the Conti DWS 06 was mushy feeling and vague. They'd hydroplane in the water and were not nearly as good in the winter as the reports on Tire Rack. I know I'll never buy another set again, that is certain.

So now I have to decide to try the N-Spec Michelin in a 275-40-20, which I'm sure will be great being a N-Spec, go back to the Good Year Sport I liked with the exception of the out of round ones I received from Tire Rack earlier, or try the cheaper Yokohama Parada Spec-X which have good reviews but have not seen anyone mention here at all.

One thing is for certain, Audi's finicky and weak suspension bushings and components will let you know if your tires are not round or are not balanced perfectly! Man I get sick of the tire issues with these things, Its my biggest complaint, with Audi vehicles, they beat the crap out of tires! My Chevy truck can run cheap tires that last for 80 thousand plus miles and do it without shaking itself silly! Asking half that from a heavier Audi Quattro is just unheard of.
well i like changing tires so im ok with that...in the last 10 years i havent gone over 25k miles per set of tires just because i want to try a new/different setup.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Best set I have ever had was the Michelin MXV4 on my LS430. Loved those tires. I will switch to Michelin once the new OEM Contintentals wear out. Or the P7's.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLSguy
Best set I have ever had was the Michelin MXV4 on my LS430. Loved those tires. I will switch to Michelin once the new OEM Contintentals wear out. Or the P7's.
i would go with the p7 plus as those have such good reviews...i personally didn't care too much about the mxv4s as they didn't seem all that quiet for being a grand touring tire