A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so hard to find loaded up S8's & A8's? Anyone selling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

The sage continues... Went to pick up that S-Class today and trade in my A8, and I left the Mercedes there and got my deposit back. Roof had trim clips broke on it and both sides above the doors had been painted along with part of the hood with a new windshield. They did a great job on the repairs and a normal person wouldn't have even noticed, but because I consider myself an old body guy, I noticed it. New windshield and the paint repairs threw red flags up and I walked away, I don't want a high end vehicle that has been repaired or hacked on like that. 12 Hrs of driving to and from Chicago for nothing, well not really for nothing, I've determined what my next vehicle will be anyway. It's just so hard to find these vehicles fully loaded up is all so I'm quite bummed. Lots of scumbag Chicago dealers out there, but I though this one would have been better. Just goes to show you that Carfax is rather useless to let one know about damages that go unreported, they all own their body shops or have a buddy that does.

I will say that Burmeister 3D is one fabulous stereo and the Mercedes is just uber comfortable with the finest interior I've ever sat in. I simply must find the same car with all the options, so the search continues...

Last edited by KnappAttack; 08-01-2021 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience. As far as I'm concerned, CARFAX is a marketing ploy. My local Audi dealer and German independent shop don't report to CARFAX, so my car looks to have had hardly any services performed even though I maintain my current A8L and previous S8 with an open checkbook.

Was your Chicago dealer a new car dealership or a buy here, finance here seller?
Old 07-31-2021, 07:07 PM
Super-Duper User

Received 494 Likes on 395 Posts

̶A̶u̶d̶i̶W̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ →→→MercedesWorld

The following users liked this post:
09S5 (08-08-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 S8
Sorry to hear about your experience. As far as I'm concerned, CARFAX is a marketing ploy. My local Audi dealer and German independent shop don't report to CARFAX, so my car looks to have had hardly any services performed even though I maintain my current A8L and previous S8 with an open checkbook.

Was your Chicago dealer a new car dealership or a buy here, finance here seller?

It was not an MB dealer but one of many high end Chicago dealers that sell and finance yes. Place called High Line Auto Sales. When you walk in it looks very impressive with big money vehicles as far as you can see. I'm so bummed because it's just so hard to find these vehicles loaded right up with the good leather and high end stereos etc...

Carfax obviously can not catch all the paint and bodywork that goes unreported, and they do such a good job of hiding stuff now that you really have to dig deep, look hard and go over a vehicle with a fine tooth comb to find the repair work. I'd wager +95% of the public has no idea there vehicle has paint and bodywork and thats why these dealers get the high google ratings.

I'll just have to keep driving my A8 till something good comes along. I may have to wait a long time it seems.
The following users liked this post:
09S5 (08-08-2021)