A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 D5's made a subtle change.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts
Default 2019 D5's made a subtle change.

I'm surprised.

I just saw my D5 unwrapped, and despite not buying the sports appearance package, I saw chrome on the front lip/splitter, and I saw 'real' fake looking exhaust tips, versus the original design with a line going through it. The sports package gives the real looking, though still fake, exhaust tips.

Sure enough on the build configurators on Audi US/Canada's site, it's now reflective of that. Stock cars get the real looking exhaust tips, and the chrome and such.

This slipped under my radar. I'm happy about it, sure, but this was not announced anywhere.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Congrats on the car showing up at your dealer. When’s delivery day?
And pics please!!! 😃
Old 04-19-2019, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Congrats on the car showing up at your dealer. When’s delivery day?
And pics please!!! 😃
Thank you! Needs to get PPF and tint applied, so maybe another week. Since the car has not been detailed, and is just finishing up the PDI, I'll just post this one pic.

To keep this thread relevant, there is STILL a minor difference with D5s with and without the exterior sport package. Sure, both iterations have a pretty real looking fake exhaust tip, but they still are slightly different as per the online build guides.

Anyways, to remind people, my car/this car here does NOT have the package. Check out the exhaust! Check out that chrome too. I'd be MIFFED if I paid for the sport package which would have included the chrome exterior package which would give the chrome you see here. I have no idea what the heck those packages are now for if they are now included 'stock' with the car...

I will start a proper thread with more photos and such with vehicle details once it's mine!
Old 04-20-2019, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

I LIKE IT! Looks really sharp in Monsoon Gray...If I do order an A8, I might have to be a copycat with that color 😁.

Rear fake exhaust ports are more similar to real ones versus the ports with the horizontal strip—but I think they’re different from the S-Line (Sports Pkg) version (see attached). But who knows if Audi has made changes to that package now? With them, nothing is real until it shows up.

At any rate, your D5 looks like a “winner.” BTW, interior color???
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 04-20-2019, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by derfA8L
I LIKE IT! Looks really sharp in Monsoon Gray...If I do order an A8, I might have to be a copycat with that color ��.

Rear fake exhaust ports are more similar to real ones versus the ports with the horizontal strip—but I think they’re different from the S-Line (Sports Pkg) version (see attached). But who knows if Audi has made changes to that package now? With them, nothing is real until it shows up.

At any rate, your D5 looks like a “winner.” BTW, interior color???
Thank you :-) And yeah, go for it There are a total of 0 monsoon grey A8s in the entirety of "my" country. If grey, they are all Terra grey and Vesuvius grey (launch colours) and I do like how Monsoon Grey turned out. On smaller A4s, Q5s, and the like, I didn't like it. This result though - I love it!

As far as the sline / non s line goes - mine does not fit into either look! I suspect it's because we're talking about two different countries' build specs, but here's a close up of the front. It appears based on your PDF, that in order to get the chrome around the radar sensor (or where the fog light would have been if there had one), one would have to order the Chrome Exterior Package/Sport package here in Canada. As you can see below, I don't have the chrome strip around the fog lamp/where it would be. (which is good). I don't really like chrome!

Interior is black My fears that the 19" rims would look stupid with the D5 did not materialize for me. The turbine design makes it look bigger than it is, and the whole reason I bought this car was for comfort reasons. So certainly glad they look alright without 20s!

Either my monitor is off, or its me, but it looks quite a lot bluer in this pic than it does in real life. The blue tint almost doesn't exist in real life - I would suspect because of how damn big the spaceship...err, car, is!

Last edited by angrypengu; 04-20-2019 at 04:44 AM.